HD for Android

HD for Android

New postby Ken S on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:49 am

Installed the latest Honeydew for Android and had a few questions/suggestions.

1. How do I sync between phones owned by two different people?
2. Can I make the font used in the lists a little smaller?
3. The List/Add buttons could be a little smaller.
4. Will there be the option to immediately synch like on the BB version?
5. Any thought on a Widget that would show the list...maybe even on the lock screen?
6. Is it possible to edit list/category items?

Thank you so much for creating this application!
Ken S

Re: HD for Android

New postby marwatk on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:53 am

Hi Ken,

Sorry for the slow response.

Ken S wrote:1. How do I sync between phones owned by two different people?

In the latest version I made this clearer, you'll need to use the same email/passwd combination on both phones.

Ken S wrote:2. Can I make the font used in the lists a little smaller?

I'll probably add this at some point, but right now I wanted to get it out the door.

Ken S wrote:3. The List/Add buttons could be a little smaller.

Agreed. I'm trying to figure out how to do this and still make it fit the phone's theme. (The buttons are built into the OS, I'm just reusing them).

Ken S wrote:4. Will there be the option to immediately synch like on the BB version?

I thought about this, but didn't see a need with how the new one syncs. What are you thinking?

Ken S wrote:5. Any thought on a Widget that would show the list...maybe even on the lock screen?

Yep, I'll be adding that in a later version.

Ken S wrote:6. Is it possible to edit list/category items?

Not yet. I haven't figured out how to intuitively offer this on android, since you're never highlighting an item it. Stay tuned....

Let me know if you think of anything else.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Ken S on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:54 am

Marcus,

Thank you for the response. I figured using the same name/password was the thought, but wasn't sure. Just wondering is there a way to uniquely track each user so....say down the road we could see who added/subtracted things from a list...and maybe handle 3 or 4 clients?

The manual sync option ...we used it a couple of times. If we both went into a store we could split up and not get duplicate items...also if one person was shopping the other could quickly add items to the list. The BB version used to update quickly but there were times when it wasn't on an item per item basis...of course that could have been because some places like Costco are very difficult to get a cell signal in and out of.

Anyway, other than those few tweaks I can't think of any other features...the fact that hd is simple and fast adds to it's value. It was exceedingly easy to use while walking though a store and my wife had no problem picking it up and growing to love it.

Thanks,
Ken
Ken S

New postby marwatk on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:33 am

Ken S wrote:Just wondering is there a way to uniquely track each user so....say down the road we could see who added/subtracted things from a list...and maybe handle 3 or 4 clients?

Sadly no. I tried to do this initially, but the problem is that the newest data always wins. So in the case of 3 users, user A could add 'milk', then user B picks that up, and publishes the new set. Now when user C picks it up, it will see user B's data, so it will look as if user B added it. I may add more tracking later, but right now I was aiming for super simple and working, so I didn't mess with it.

Ken S wrote:The manual sync option ...we used it a couple of times. If we both went into a store we could split up and not get duplicate items...also if one person was shopping the other could quickly add items to the list. The BB version used to update quickly but there were times when it wasn't on an item per item basis...of course that could have been because some places like Costco are very difficult to get a cell signal in and out of.

Ok, I'll get that put back in. Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to see.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Heifzilla on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:43 am

I'd love the manual sync option back in for the Android version as well. My husband and I use it all the time because we do frequently shop together and remove things from the list, and I couldn't find it on my version (he still uses a BB) and thought I was just missing it somewhere.

Thanks much for a great app! :)

Heif
Heifzilla

New postby farewellhcl0808 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:35 am

Hi,glad to be here.
I read somewhere recently that life is not about avoiding the storm but about learning to dance in the rain, and I think this is a wonderful truth.
Coach Purses
Coach outlet
Coach Factory Outlet
farewellhcl0808

Return to Bugs and help