Sync Question

Sync Question

New postby Sconig on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:02 pm

I read a review of this software today and thought this is just what my wife and I need. After work I downloaded the Trial version to our phones (I have a Storm and she has a Curve) and set up our PINs. I created a list on my phone and did a manual sync. Her phone received the message but Honeydew did not update. I created a list on her phone and did a manual sync. My phone got the message and popped up a box telling me what changed. I check my lists and, sure enough, there they are.

I gave the category on my wife's phone the same name as the one on my phone to see if that made a difference. It does not. I have played with all the settings I can find but cannot resolve this problem. Any ideas?

Summary - Changes on wife's Curve update on my Storm. Changes on my Storm do not update on her Curve. Message received in in-box but appears not to process.

Thanks in advance.
Sconig

Re: Sync Question

New postby Tralliam on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:45 pm

I'm having a similar issue. I have a curve and my wife has a storm. At first everything seemed to work, but when I wanted to show her, i added an item her storm, got the update on my curve, but when i try to delete it on my curve, she never gets the update and her storm pushes the item back to my curve.
Tralliam

New postby marwatk on Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi guys, sorry for the delay, I forgot to check the forums last night.

Tralliam wrote:I'm having a similar issue. I have a curve and my wife has a storm. At first everything seemed to work, but when I wanted to show her, i added an item her storm, got the update on my curve, but when i try to delete it on my curve, she never gets the update and her storm pushes the item back to my curve.

This one's actually a bug, sorry for the inconvenience. It's fixed in 1.0.10. You can install it right over the old one from here:
http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/honeydew/

Sconig wrote:Summary - Changes on wife's Curve update on my Storm. Changes on my Storm do not update on her Curve. Message received in in-box but appears not to process.

On your wife's phone, do the messages get marked as read without actually going in to them? (They should). If not, can you check here permissions? Check them here:
BB Home Screen -> Options -> Advanced -> Applications -> Highlight HoneyDew -> (Menu) Permissions
For testing just set everything to allow and see if that fixes it. Let me know if not.
Also, just for the sake of testing, can you pull the battery on her phone? Just want to make sure it's not a fluke in the message processor.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby tralliam on Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:49 pm

marwatk wrote:
Tralliam wrote:I'm having a similar issue. I have a curve and my wife has a storm. At first everything seemed to work, but when I wanted to show her, i added an item her storm, got the update on my curve, but when i try to delete it on my curve, she never gets the update and her storm pushes the item back to my curve.

This one's actually a bug, sorry for the inconvenience. It's fixed in 1.0.10. You can install it right over the old one from here:
http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/honeydew/

I just checked both phones are already on 1.0.10 is due to it still being eval?
tralliam

New postby marwatk on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:13 pm

Hmm, no not a trial issue, it's fully functional.

So, trying to narrow this down, when you add an item to one phone, a message shows up on the other phone's inbox, and HoneyDew is able to read it, correct?

But, going the other way, this doesn't happen. Can you see which part fails? Three things are supposed to happen:

1. On the phone that is sending the message, an outgoing PIN message should show up in your messages folder.
2. This message should eventually show a checkmark with a 'D' next to it to indicate delivery
3. On the phone receiving the message, the PIN message should show up as an incoming message (message icon instead of checkmark)
4. The receiving phone should automatically either delete or mark the message read (depending on setting in HoneyDew)
5. HoneyDew displays the 'splat' to show that it has an update
6. HoneyDew pops up a message indicating that there are new updates

Can you let me know which step in the process it stops at?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby tralliam on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:08 pm

8330 adds item
9530 receives update and adds to list
8330 deletes same item
9530 receives update and immediately sends another sync to 8330 adding deleted item back to 8330

If I delete on the 9530 the 8330 correctly processes the delete

in playing around with this to write up exactly what happens it seems to be only an issue with Peanut Butter ...... I saw another issue where it would always delete milk for someone, maybe the app thinks i need to buy PB every trip to the store. When i tested with bread everything worked. could the PB entry be corrupted in the history of the app?
tralliam

New postby marwatk on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:15 pm

Arg, that sounds like the exact bug I fixed early on. Maybe not so much.

Just to confirm, both phones show 1.0.10 in their about screen, right? (Sometimes web caches get in the way and it downloads the older version even when it says it didn't).

I'll start diving in to the code.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help