License code refused

License code refused

New postby cadzilla74 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:51 pm

I bought 2 licenses for HoneyDew. The one for my Storm was accepted no problem. I went to the Activation page and put in my wife's PIN and it generated a second Registration Code. It says I own 2 licenses and I have 2 PINs activated and lists each one.

When my wife puts fer Registration Code in her Curve it says Invalid Code for this device.

What's up with that?
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

Re: License code refused

New postby marwatk on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:51 pm

It should handle all of the cases properly, but in case it isn't did you make sure to use zero's instead of Oh's? (The PINs and serials are 0-9 and A-F). Can you send me both PINs and codes via email?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby cadzilla74 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 am

Sending E-mail. Thank you. I'm at work and of course cannot see what the heck my wife is doing. I made her go to ota.versatilemonkey.com/honeydew/ and install the v.1.0.12 for OS 4.2 just in case she FUBAR'ed the install the first time (however it has been working between us during Trial period).
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

New postby cadzilla74 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:22 am

I got your e-mail replies but the problem remains. I inputted the Reg Code in my wife's Curve exactly as it appears on the Code Generator web page and when I hit Save it says the code is not valid for this device. Can I Deactivate that code and generate a new one? Can you manually override it and modify the code to a new one.

Nothing I can do on my end will allow registration to work. She has a Curve 8330 with OS 4.5.138 and Honeydew 1.12 for OS 4.2 and above. No issues with other apps. Battery pulls had no effect. Honeydew actually works fine between her Curve and my Storm but her trial is going to run out soon.

Thanks for the help.
cadzilla74

New postby diffused on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:13 pm

If you upgraded to the 1.5 version, would that be of any help?
diffused

New postby marwatk on Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:06 pm

:/ You can deactivate and reactivate from that page, but it's just going to generate the same code again (though if it doesn't, that was likely the problem). Let me know...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby cadzilla74 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:34 pm

Deactivated/Reactivated for PIN and it gave the same Reg Code as predicted. Deleted HoneyDew from Curve 8330 OS 4.5.138 and did a battery pull. Reinstalled HoneyDew 1.12, went to OS Options, Advanced and set all program options to Allow, went to Settings in HoneyDew, put in Reg Code ...

FAIL ... "this code is invalid for this device".

I'm out of ideas.
cadzilla74

New postby marwatk on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:20 pm

:/ And you've tried copy and pasting the reg code from the email directly? (Sometimes issues with how they're entered pose a problem). And, just to confirm, the honeydew settings screen lists the exact PIN you entered on the reg site as 'Your PIN', right?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby cadzilla74 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:46 pm

Yep the PIN is correct. And I can use the app between her Curve and my Storm without a problem so obviously the PINs are right. I bought 2 licenses and got an e-mail response that says "Thanks for purchasing Honeydew! Your registration codes are as follows: and then gives ONLY the PIN for my Storm and one reg code."

I then went to the Code Generator on your web page and put in my Storm's PIN and reg code and it came up with a screen that said I have 2 licenses and only one PIN activated. I then inputted my wife's PIN and it generated the reg code for her device that it subsequently will not accept. There were no further e-mails or confirmations received.
cadzilla74

New postby marwatk on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:54 pm

Can you email me again all the PINs and reg codes? I think I need to fire up the simulator and see if something is wrong :/ Sorry for the hassle.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby cadzilla74 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:09 pm

No problem at all. I appreciate the help. Sorry for being such a PITA ... LOL

I forwarded you the original purchase confirmation e-mail I received and also added my wife's PIN and REG Code. Hers is the one that gets refused as invalid. The one specified in the e-mail for my Storm works fine.

Thanks again.
cadzilla74

New postby cadzilla74 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:34 pm

Unbe-frickin-lievable! I m so sorry Marcus. I have just now realized after so much messing around that there were 2 digits in the PIN reversed on the Code Gen page. I deactivated the bad one, genned a new Reg Code for the CORRECT PIN and it worked immediately!!!

I'm going to consume a large quantity of something mind-numbing now.
cadzilla74

New postby marwatk on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:52 pm

:) No worries, easier for me to fix that some one-off error in the license code checking.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help