Feature: Web client

Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for HoneyDew.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Feature: Web client

New postby Feature Bot on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:08 pm

User bill724 submitted the following feature request:

Web client

Vote for your favorite features
Feature Bot
Magic Bot

Web client

New postby bill724 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:08 pm

There should be a way to manage your task list through a web interface. My wife doesn't have a BlackBerry (I'm working on her, but she hasn't jumped yet), so I need to give her a web client access. Simple is good, but I need a non-BlackBerry solution. This approach would also enable me to enter items on a PC with bigger keyboard, etc. Sort of a Remember The Milk interface, but not as complicated, that would sync to the Honeydew app rather than the tasks which are synced with my work Exchange server. I'm less worried about security than convenience. You wanna know my list at Home Depot, just ask.

I know that this may not work with your architectural approach, but I'd like it.

Bill.
bill724

Re: Feature: Web client

New postby marwatk on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi Bill,

I've actually got a skeleton web interface working now, complete with ipod touch and iphone support. I'm working out all the kinks, but it's definitely coming. (It's still secure, too, everything is encrypted client side, the web app is all javascript). If you're curious, optimizing AES in Javascript was not fun :)

It likely won't be free, though. Since I have to maintain a server and such to make it happen, I want to make sure there's long term viability, so the web app will likely come with a monthly subscription (I'm thinking $0.50/mo, or $6/year). What do you think about that? Would you still use it?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby mystang85 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:26 am

I would pay for this, even the yearly fee. Not having a web interface for myself and my better half to add to the list is the only thing stopping me from buying this app.
mystang85

New postby Moods on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:00 pm

I need this same feature. I would also pay, but would prefer a buyout option. Say $15. This is less than a 2 year payback and would front load the monies for yourself. Just a thought.
Moods

New postby johnson922 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:54 pm

I would definitely be interested in a web client as well :)
johnson922

New postby resq93 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:30 pm

I second this. Would definitely pay for this. I was going to ask for a desktop app but this solution is even better.
resq93

New postby Sammyj on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:10 pm

I just purchased HoneyDew based on this thread! And I also would pay a few for a web interface.
Sammyj

New postby marwatk on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Heh, the new version is freemium :)

I'll be posting an announcement shortly about it.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby james on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi!

I'm not going to buy honeydew until this is in place and I'd happily pay what you're suggesting. The whole point of a todo list as I see it is having access wherever I am - and when I'm sitting on my computer copy-pasting things in and out of emails I'm not *on* my blackberry! Look forward to your announcement, Marcus!

All best
James
james

Return to Feature requests