Feature: Additional Item Description

Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for HoneyDew.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Feature: Additional Item Description

New postby Feature Bot on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:58 am

User rcutright submitted the following feature request:

Additional Item Description

Vote for your favorite features
Feature Bot
Magic Bot

Additional Item Description

New postby rcutright on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:58 am

I stopped by the store to clear my list. One item was "bread", so I picked up a tasty loaf of "Wonder Bread" at the store, only to later discover that I was supposed to get "Arnolds Double Fiber whole grain" bread.

One solution would certainly have been for my wife to enter a fully qualified description upon entry, but this can be lengthy, to enter and within the list itself. Perhaps a secondary field for each item with a more detailed description of the item which is optional entry ? Perhaps more of a tiered strructure where an item could also be like a category and have multiple sub entries like: bread - wonder bread, bread - double fiber, etc

When you are viewing the list the additional description could display as one of those floating boxes above the item or something like that ?

If you were adding some additional fields for each item, then maybe aisle number would be good ?
While shopping you could put the aisle number in for items as you find them, then you could enable the shopping mode that someone else mentioned which would sort the list by aisle number?
rcutright

Re: Feature: Additional Item Description

New postby ahagenmaier on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:24 pm

I was actually thinking about the same thing ... sometime you want another space for details that look odd on the main item

Great app

Andy
BB 8820
OS 4.5
ahagenmaier

New postby marwatk on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi guys,

While I can definitely see uses for these, I'm not sure it's a fit for HoneyDew itself. I'm toying with a HoneyDew Pro that would either be free if you have HoneyDew, or just a nominal upgrade fee that contains stuff like this, but for HoneyDew I really want it to be a super simple "in out done" app to try to appeal to the widest audience. I actually started HoneyDew after trying to get my wife to use one of the other list apps :)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby hamonclan on Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:44 am

I like this idea also, this field could also be used for how much should I buy. 8 oz or 16 oz can... what ever. I understand your keep it simple approach. I like the idea of a pro version. I think that one more field per item would be great. you may use it for an item or it could be blank for an item.... Just some thoughts from someone that loves it so far...
hamonclan

Return to Feature requests