How Do You Use VersaTool?

How Do You Use VersaTool?

New postby obie on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:34 pm

We can all learn from one another how to get the most out of VersaTool. I have learned from reading the posts here.

Please share what you use VersaTool for and how it makes your life easier. You may also want to share how you went about your customization settings.

I use it to reboot my Blackberry every morning so the memory is clear and everything is set to go.
Run on Scheulde > Add New Schedule > Enabled, Select the days I want to reboot > Run appp > Reboot

I also use it to have weather icons on my BB desktop for various areas I am interested in.
For each location, create a new Home Screen Book
Home Screen Bookmarkmarks > Make New Bookmark > Run App > Weather > Set the Location

Just Take the Picture
Home Screen Bookmarkmarks > Make New Bookmark > Run App > Just take the Picture
I also have the right convenience key set to take a picture if I keep it depress and
take a video if I press it twice.

Voice Dialing is activated by pressing the left convenience button

Flashlihgt is activated by pressing the mute button.
obie

Re: How Do You Use VersaTool?

New postby harringg on Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:42 pm

Flashlight (mute key) Works much better than the one in QuickLauncher which enables the entire video camera. VT just turns on the flash light and works quite well on my phone.

Homescreen icons for: Units/Currency Conversion, Tip Calculator, multiple web links

Alarms: Use for multiple tasks during the day, but don't want to add them to my Calendar

RCK: Just Take a Picture using left convenience key

Canned Respones: Once I figure out to get them to work, can see them being useful.
harringg

New postby surfaday on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:11 am

Press mute button twice activates flashlight.

Left convenience key activates popup menu for productivity tools, ie: Pocket Informant, BHive Tasks, Timecard, Lister, Alarms, Notepad.

Right convenience key activates popup menu for navigation tools: Blackstar, LifeInPocket, Poynt, Google Maps, Blackberry Maps, BB Browser.

Press "go back" key twice activates Versatool.

Press off key twice activates default popup menu, to which I've added BBAppworld and Take a Picture. (At least I think I added take a picture, maybe it was already there).

Weather icon is on my homescreen.

I use the unit conversion and tip calculator all the time.

Numerous alarms.

Can't live without this app!

Walter
surfaday

New postby innov8 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:30 pm

double key key at home screen= VT Unit Converter
left convenience button= Compose SMS
double left convenience key= Video Recorder

Flashlight icon on home screen
innov8

Return to General Discussion