Quick search from the home sceen

Quick search from the home sceen

New postby probbiethe1 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:25 am

Hello i have looked through the posts so far and did not come across this. I am running the beta on my storm 2 os 5.0 and when i hit end call button from the home screen the quick lunch options pop up just perfect ( search wikipedia, search google, take a picture) and when i try the wiki search works great and will search for whatever i type in but when i try to search with the google it doesn't work. it opens the browser and goes to google but it says i am searching for "search" every time. and then when i try to take a picture from the same quick lunch menu it gives me an error saying "error taking picture: javax.microedition.media.mediaexception: format notsupported" and then i click ok and it says " when taking a picture getsnapshot returned null" those are some things i have noticed all in all a great app but i hope the input helps.
probbiethe1

Re: Quick search from the home sceen

New postby probbiethe1 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:10 pm

ok and i forgot to clarify i am running version 0.1.6. and now when i try and open the quick lunch from the home screen it gives me this error "error running popup menu! java.lang.nullpointerexception" hope this more information helps
probbiethe1

Re: Quick search from the home sceen

New postby marwatk on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Hmm, does the camera work at least on 0.1.6? (I definitely have a bug somewhere I'm still looking at with the key/popup interaction).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help