v 1.12 picture issue

v 1.12 picture issue

New postby jonhedge1 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:35 am

now when i take a picture a big black square appears in the middle of the screen and requires a battery pull to make it go away even though i can exit out of VT completely...i can see the bb home screen behind it.
curve 8330 5.0 (released)
jonhedge1

Re: v 1.12 picture issue

New postby marwatk on Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:22 pm

Man, and here I was all excited that I had fixed everything :(

Are there any buttons in the square at all? Or anything that would help determine what it is?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby jonhedge1 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:34 pm

marwatk wrote:Man, and here I was all excited that I had fixed everything :(

Are there any buttons in the square at all? Or anything that would help determine what it is?

-Marcus

no it's just a black square. it doesn't go all the way to the edge of the screen; that's how i can see what's on the screen behind it.
jonhedge1

New postby skipcuda on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:05 am

9550 (.320). V 1.13. The take a picture is still acting like it did before with the screen having the green lines (now with purple) and the window the same after, having the center of the screen showing the page below, which was the VT home page (using the take a picture icon there) but if I move around the screen it will bring some back. If backed out it cleared. I should say that was the only time after that it did not work at all. When trying to take the pic from either the home page or bookmarks of went to the preview, then asked for permissions, hitting allow would just repeat without any action. Hitting deny did nothing either. Trying to end or to back out had to take repeated attempts to get it to clear. No photo taken at any on these. Battery pull made no difference.
skipcuda

New postby marwatk on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:04 pm

Well, I finally got my hands on a storm, and this one is definitely an OS issue (the green lines thing). I tried a few workarounds, but all of them meant that I couldn't take the picture over the lock screen, so I ended up going back to the old way. I think I'll have to leave it in as a known issue.

I couldn't quite follow what you were saying about the permissions stuff, though. Would you mind elaborating on that?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby skipcuda on Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:37 am

I guess I should say disregard, since I just loaded 1.14, the permissions is working fine after a battery pull. The difference now is the picture preview and review are on top. If you intended it that way then all is good. To bad about the Storm and green lines for now. Still no flash, if you intended to have one. It seems things are coming together some for you.
skipcuda

New postby marwatk on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:11 pm

Cool, let me know if you run into anything else.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby harringg on Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:43 pm

marwatk wrote:Well, I finally got my hands on a storm, and this one is definitely an OS issue (the green lines thing). I tried a few workarounds, but all of them meant that I couldn't take the picture over the lock screen, so I ended up going back to the old way. I think I'll have to leave it in as a known issue.

-Marcus

Clearly it's a known issue, just following up that the .19 version is still doing this (green lines) on the Storm2.

Storm 2 9550, v5.0.0.320 (Platform 4.2.0.124), Verizon
harringg

New postby marwatk on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:23 pm

Yeah, it's a side effect of only displaying the capture portion in a window instead of full screen, which so far I've found is a requirement of getting over the lock screen...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help