0.1.12 - popup menu 'bugs'

0.1.12 - popup menu 'bugs'

New postby mrcoyote on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:17 am

9530 storm running 5.0.0.419 and VT 0.1.12

1) I haven't played with other popup menus to confirm if this bug exists throughout, but at the least your default double click END on the home screen allows the default popup menu to over lay itself numerous times -- double tap to open the menu, double tap again and you have to escape twice to clear them -- I opened several copies of the default popup this way. I think I noticed this on a prior bug report or the todo list - but that it was fixed in a prior version.

2) I wanted to edit the (default) popup menu to get rid of take a picture and insert "global search". I removed take a picture typed in "bb search..." and selected "run app" and then "global search". Save and then exit and test - tests ok.
Now, when I go into edit popup menu again, my new label "bb search..." says "run app" ... "addressbook".
If I exit, my search function still works..
If I make a change anywhere and save, it is saved with "addressbook" though.
-That would be frustrating having to change options over each time.. it should display what it has saved to prevent this.

(off topic, thanks for the Celcius fix in the weather forecasts!!)
mrcoyote

Re: 0.1.12 - popup menu 'bugs'

New postby marwatk on Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:28 pm

mrcoyote wrote:1) I haven't played with other popup menus to confirm if this bug exists throughout, but at the least your default double click END on the home screen allows the default popup menu to over lay itself numerous times -- double tap to open the menu, double tap again and you have to escape twice to clear them -- I opened several copies of the default popup this way. I think I noticed this on a prior bug report or the todo list - but that it was fixed in a prior version.

Ok, so I'll need to do some more work here. Thanks for letting me know. (detecting that the popup is already up has been the biggest issue I've had so far, since it's a global screen there's no way to query it, long story).

mrcoyote wrote:2) I wanted to edit the (default) popup menu to get rid of take a picture and insert "global search". I removed take a picture typed in "bb search..." and selected "run app" and then "global search". Save and then exit and test - tests ok.
Now, when I go into edit popup menu again, my new label "bb search..." says "run app" ... "addressbook".
If I exit, my search function still works..
If I make a change anywhere and save, it is saved with "addressbook" though.
-That would be frustrating having to change options over each time.. it should display what it has saved to prevent this.

Definitely a bug. Will get it fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Since you're on .419 can I get you to test the new 'reboot' action? I doubt it will work, apparently changed something around OS .350 or so that prevents it, so I'm trying to narrow downs the ones it works on.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help