missing apps for convenient keys

missing apps for convenient keys

New postby todd3358 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:36 pm

I have noticed is all the versions so far that some apps are not listed in the apps that can be assigned to keys. For example, Messages, BB Messenger and Switch application popup. Running OS 4.5 on BB 8330 and Versatool 0.1.13

cheers, todd.
todd3358

Re: missing apps for convenient keys

New postby marwatk on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:08 pm

Hi Todd,

I haven't figured out how to load the switch application popup yet, but everything else should be in there in 0.1.14, let me know if they're not.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby todd3358 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:37 am

Another minor thing I noticed is that when press and hold the left side key it works, but the single press also appears. For example, I have the left key set to Switch app via the BB options setting and then I have memos set to press and hold left key via VT. So when I press and hold I get both the application switcher and the memos, but the app switcher is on top and needs an escape key before I can use memos. This does not happen with the right side key where I have VT setting both functions ie Calendar and Address book. Currently using version 13. I will check out version 14 and see how it goes. Thanks, todd.
todd3358

New postby marwatk on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi Todd,

Unfortunately there's no way I can prevent the OS assigned action from occurring. I'm working on getting 'App Switch' to be a possible action, so hopefully soon you won't need to have it assigned to a key. Did you know that on OS 4.7 and later holding the 'Menu' key always brings up the app switcher no matter where you are?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help