java.language.error

java.language.error

New postby mikeda on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:51 am

This is my first post, please be forgiving.. Being a happy podtrapper customer, I downloaded the trial version of versatools yesterday 3/5/10. I am on my second day of using the trial version.
I use a tour on verizon network and have removed all languages except for english to get a little extra memory freed up.

I may be doing some stupid newbie stunt, so here goes: I tried to experiment with home screen bookmarks which I still do not fully understand, but a blue folder icon appears in my downloads folder which I read can be moved to whatever area on the blackberry screen. I somehow made 2 of these blue folders, the first is what appears to be nothing more than a shortcut to the blackberry notepad which is what I attempted to make. The second blue folder is entitled VersaToolLauncher1 which maybe was made as a prompt in the program that said could not find launchers etc.. Sorry could not remember the sequence, I know not much help. I read the help file which said to reboot (pull battery) to fix and did that. The blue versatoollauncher1 folder icon now returns java.lang.error when I click on it.

Personnally, I do not get the need to make extra blue folder icons when I can just move the icons I already have around the screen. Maybe it a touch screen interface thing I do not have.

Other than that, I really think the program Is still worth the money for the money.. Hint hint: could a program feature be added to define your own conversion factors for oddball engineering conversions that not too many others would use?

Thank you for putting with the newbie ignorance above
mikeda

Re: java.language.error

New postby marwatk on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:29 pm

Hi there,

Well, the home screen bookmarks are really meant for cases that you don't ordinarily have icons for, like web bookmarks or links to send emails to specific people. But, they should still work and not show that blue folder. If you view your list of home screen bookmarks inside versatool, what does it list there?

I can look at custom conversions, but which ones did you have in mind specifically?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby mikeda on Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:06 pm

Thanks for replying. I need to take time to figure out why I have blue folder icons and get back to you. When I look at the bookmarks in the program, I see 2 internet explorer looking icons and one line that says runapp:BBNotepad.

As far as custom conversions go, I tried to make a simple excel sheet for engineers where I work. I included all the conversion factors I could find on the NIST web site. You can check out a sample of the site here: http://physics.nist.gov/Pubs/SP811/appenB8.html. I thought I was thorough enough, but there were some conversions the engineers used that were not on the site. - just told them to add them in.. Its only excel. I learned that for unit conversions you can please most but not all. That is why I asked if you ever gave thought to making.it possible to enter your own conversions. For my use, I think you covered most of what I would ever need.

Thanks for making awesome programs for the blackberry.
mikeda

New postby mtech on Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi. Love VT (version 1.0.5) (and PT).

I am getting the following error upon auto reboot (VT reboots my BB at 4:30 AM daily):

I do not have icon issues as described above.

But maybe my reboot issue is related to the previous posts on this thread?

Hope it helps.
Droid Bionic | Android 2.3.4 | System 5.5.886.XT875.Verizon,en.US| Fav Podcast: This American Life
mtech

New postby marwatk on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:37 pm

Can you capture a stack trace for me after you see that next time?

http://www.versatilemonkey.com/wiki/Cap ... tack_Trace

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help