1.0.2 Not always saving changes

1.0.2 Not always saving changes

New postby bobchernow on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:10 am

This has happened to me at least 5 times in the last 2 days. I go in and change either a Popup, an Alarm, or a Convenience Key, or another event and it takes it. I can bring up the menu, or use the key fine. I then 3 Finger Reboot the device and when it finishes rebooting all my changes are gone. I have saved when prompted, and even have used the Menu save as well and this still happens. Sometimes it does stick but I have no idea why it does at times and not at others. Is there some delay in writing the settings? Since the Settings Applet only allows to restore, is there some other way to force a backup of the settings so they persist.

Sprint Tour 9630 on official 5.0.0.484

Bob
bobchernow

Re: 1.0.2 Not always saving changes

New postby marwatk on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi Bob,

While it's possible that I'm missing a save somewhere, the randomness of it leads me to believe it has to do with the OS commit (though I'll check it out from my end). They sometimes break it with various OS releases. (You see it a lot with profile settings). Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby bobchernow on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:56 pm

I hope you can narrow it down. Is there anything I can do to force a commit? It can be frustrating to make a lot of changes just to lose them. Great product but It is scary not being able to be sure things are saved.

Bob
bobchernow

New postby marwatk on Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:49 pm

:/

You can't force a backup yet, but I'll try to get it narrowed down this weekend, and when I do I'll tell you a solid method of ensuring a save before you upgrade. (Since I'll hopefully know which cases do and don't trigger it).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help