Home Screen Bookmark Icons

Home Screen Bookmark Icons

New postby lilituc on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:47 am

I just installed the demo on my Tour and it's great. The only problem is I can't figure out how to change the icons on my home screen bookmarks.

I went to the bookmarks screen and added some (urls) and got the blue folders. I tried opening up the bookmarks screen again, but nothing happened. I clicked on the blue folders, but got a Java error. I tried opening the bookmarks screen again, selected "refresh icons," and at that point it asked me to reboot. Once I rebooted, the bookmarks worked and the icons changed to a globe. I tried refreshing icons again, but nothing changed. I want them to have the website's specific icon, though. Is there a way to do that?
lilituc

Re: Home Screen Bookmark Icons

New postby marwatk on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi there,

Right now it will try to use the web site's icon if found, but when it isn't it will use the generic globe icon. I'm working on being able to select custom icons for them, but you'd need an icon for each site. What is the site you're trying to link to? (I'll see if I can make Versatool do it automatically for that site).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby lilituc on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:01 pm

Gmail. However, I fixed the problem by deleting them and adding them to the Home Screen from within the browser. The icons all loaded then.
lilituc

New postby marwatk on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:46 pm

Great! Though they should have loaded the other way, not sure why they didn't. I'll definitely check that out.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby JonPCole on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:33 pm

I can't figure how to change the icons for menus that I create on the home screen. They all look the same: they have the default bubble icon.
JonPCole

New postby marwatk on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Right now you can't, but it's something I'm working on...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help