Canned Replies problem in OS 6

Canned Replies problem in OS 6

New postby BBScanner on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:41 pm

Over the weekend I installed OS 6 on my 9700. After doing so I discovered that, when editing or adding canned replies, I could no longer paste text into the message text area (or on the subject line).

I also discovered that the "Import message as a new Canned Response" didn't work properly. After I selected it it the new canned response that it created didn't contain anything in the message text area.

I've since downgraded my 9700 back to OS 5.x since I really needed to be able to create many canned replies without having to type them all in manually. I'll upgrade to OS 6 again once this particular bug in VersaTool has been fixed.

Thanks!
Gordon
BBScanner

Re: Canned Replies problem in OS 6

New postby marwatk on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:36 pm

They broke paste in 3rd party apps on the OS 6 leaks. In some places I've added extra 'Paste' buttons to compensate, but because it seems only an issue on the leaked versions, I'm hesitant to put them everywhere. (I gave up on OS6 after too many hourglasses on my 9700).

There was a bug in some canned response stuff, but that should be fixed. Are you using the latest Versatool beta?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby BBScanner on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:49 pm

Yes, version 1.0.2.

While I had OS 6 installed on my 9700 I checked out the app I wrote and found that pressing the menu key in the text fields didn't open the menu like it was supposed to but pressing on the trackpad did display OS 6's floating menu.

-- Gordon
BBScanner

New postby marwatk on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:00 pm

Yeah, it apparently depends on the context (though I haven't figured out which cases work and which don't).

Can you grab 1.1.3 next time you try OS 6 and see how that works? ( http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/versatoolbeta/ )

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby BBScanner on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:05 pm

Yep.
BBScanner

Return to Bugs and help