installed...and uninstalled

installed...and uninstalled

New postby mnl on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:13 pm

hi. i too think the set of utilities is very cool. i found some things:
- the "error taking picture:javax.microedition....." came up on mine when i used the popup menu to take the picture
- when i cleared that error with OK, 'getSnapshop returned null' came up
- no matter what i did, i could not stop the end key from bringing up the popup menu. i deleted the popup menu and that resulted in an error when the end key is pressed. i reassigned the key and that didnt work either. because of this, i deleted the app...it's too obtrusive for me.
- i love the weather shortcut but it wouldnt install on the homescreen and since i cant manage the popups easily, the weather thing isnt useful.

i have a bold 9700 running 5.0.0.405. my convenience keys are shortcutme and vlingo. i'd happily test versatools some more if you'd like. let me know
mike loewenberg
nyc
bold 9700 on at&t
visit my tech blog http://blog.meshbiz.com
mnl

Re: installed...and uninstalled

New postby marwatk on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi there,

Sorry about that. The default popup was meant to show the functionality, but it's turning into a bit of a nuisance. You should be able to disable it by editing the 'Really convenient key' for 'End', though. I should have all of these bugs fixed by this weekend, so if you want to give it another shot then definitely let me know if you run into any others.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help