Initial Bug reports

Initial Bug reports

New postby Sushiguy on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:00 am

What I'd really like to see in a utility tool is the ability to add information to an existing contact.
For instance... I get am email from someone or a phone call for that matter and I want to save the contact. I want the option to save to an existing contact instead of having to create a new one.
Sushiguy

Re: Find a Bug, Get it Free (Limited Time Only)

New postby Toneberry24 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:27 am

i just tried the version for 5.0 on my tour and creating an alarm i cant pick the day

i can see the blue box go to each day but when i click on trackball it doesnt selected any days that i pick up... how do u select which days u want the alarm to go off?
Toneberry24

New postby Toneberry24 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:36 am

once the alarm is created u see the days that u selected for alarm to go off .. but how do u edit this alarm and remove the days u dont want alarm to go off? the selected days that u want alarm to go off should stay highlighted and u should be able to toggle the selection with the trackball .... also when the alarm goes off the screen doesnt wake up .. is that the way u want it to be?

def a bug with alarm and day selection options ...
Toneberry24

New postby skimore2020 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:45 am

Just Take The Picture - On Storm 9550

After it takes the picture my screen tiles the picture that I took for about 2-3 sec. The image that it displays is in very odd colors and is like every 3rd or 4th line of pixels from top-to-bottom in portrait mode.
skimore2020

New postby Toneberry24 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:46 am

i created a homescreen icon for just take a picture using your app
after setting all permissions and running applet once from program i see the icon in my downloads folder instead of home screen and it is the basic default program square blue box icon ... kinda wish it was the icon in versatile for just take picture ... when i click on the icon i get a uncaught exception: no application instance .. if i back out of that and click again .. it states another uncaught exception: object already exist...

when running just take a picture from versatile .. the preview window is so small ... can u make it bigger to fit more of the screen? after the picture is taken the picture is shown twice side by side on the top of the screen ... then the middle of screen shows a white box where u would usually see the preview panel .. then that all closes and goes to versatile home screen...

if i go to my picture folder i see the pictures were taken but not a smooth process at all
Toneberry24

New postby skimore2020 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:49 am

Sorry, wasn't a registered user last time..here it is again to track me..

Just Take The Picture - On Storm 9550

After it takes the picture my screen tiles the picture that I took for about 2-3 sec. The image that it displays is in very odd colors and is like every 3rd or 4th line of pixels from top-to-bottom in portrait mode.

*And I also agree that the preview window is very small on the Storm, I can only imagine how small it is on the Tour, Curve or Bold.
skimore2020

New postby skimore2020 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:54 am

Unit Conversion - Currency

I set it up for Currency --> US Dollar and Canada Dollar. Where do you input the amount of money you want to convert? Just very confusing.
skimore2020

New postby Toneberry24 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:10 am

REally convenient keys

running 5.0 on tour
Press mute key (top right on device) .. compose email

i press and phone still goes in standby --> bug
i changed to launch application ... that works ok

setup another shortcut
press and hold mute key ... launch address book ... it launches address book while on the screen it says that it is going into stanby mode
Toneberry24

New postby harringg on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:31 am

As mentioned earlier, I too have the same issues on my Storm2 with the camera app.

As a followup (new bug report?) :D the actual images taken when viewed are messed up, they look like a double-exposure on old film cameras.

Storm 2 9550, v5.0.0.320 (Platform 4.2.0.124), Verizon
harringg

New postby biggem001 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:48 am

on BB Bold 9000 with ATT 5.0.0.411:

first thing i noticed (not neccesarily a bug)
when you are in alarm, after you have made the alarm, go to edit it. if you edit it and press back, it doesn't save. i think their should be a "save and close" dialog there.
also when its 'just take a picture' it lags pretty hard. also a big black screen comes up (don't know if its supposed to or not). then i hear the click and go to pictures.
maybe there should be an icon in your program thats like - go to pictures - so i don't have to leave the program to go to media-pictures-find my picture.
biggem001

New postby jline4 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:22 am

I am using a Bold 9700 running OS 5.0.0.330. I am having the following problems with it. The try it feature or the alarm itself will not play any tone, whether it is the included, wma, or mp3 files. Also, when I exit the application, whether it is through the menu or by hitting the close button on the berry, when I get to the home screen, it comes up for the search feature. Just letting you know. I love all the applications in one place! The weather is also great; because I live in a small town and it still picked it up. Keep it up. This is an application that I will keep tabs on. Please let us know when a new version is released.
jline4

New postby innov8 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:49 am

BB Tour with 4.7
I cannot get the left or right convenience key shortcuts (double-tap and hold) to work.
looks like a nice set of apps!
innov8

New postby marwatk on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:04 am

Hi guys,

I'm locking this topic so it doesn't turn into a 50 page thread, I figure it'll be easier to keep each bug in its own topic. Contest is still on, though.

Here are the replies to the issues in this thread:

Sushiguy wrote:What I'd really like to see in a utility tool is the ability to add information to an existing contact.
For instance... I get am email from someone or a phone call for that matter and I want to save the contact. I want the option to save to an existing contact instead of having to create a new one.
What I'd really like to see in a utility tool is the ability to add information to an existing contact.

This is a great idea, I'll add it to my todo list.

Toneberry24 wrote:i can see the blue box go to each day but when i click on trackball it doesnt selected any days that i pick up... how do u select which days u want the alarm to go off?

Thanks for the report, my guess is it's an issue with a specific font, I'll make it clearer (via underlining, probably) that a given day is chosen.

Toneberry24 wrote:also when the alarm goes off the screen doesnt wake up .. is that the way u want it to be?

No, but I hadn't thought of it. That probably needs to change. Actually, the alarm box should probably pop in front of the lock screen, so I'll work on that.

skimore2020 wrote:After it takes the picture my screen tiles the picture that I took for about 2-3 sec. The image that it displays is in very odd colors and is like every 3rd or 4th line of pixels from top-to-bottom in portrait mode.

Hmm, this one I'll have to check out, not sure what's up there. If you set up a keyboard shortcut for it and choose a different encoding does it still do it?

skimore2020 wrote:I set it up for Currency --> US Dollar and Canada Dollar. Where do you input the amount of money you want to convert? Just very confusing.

There's actually a text box to the left of the drop downs, I may need to make that clearer.

Toneberry24 wrote:it says that it is going into stanby mode

Hmm, I was hoping the press interval for holding it would be shorter than the standby time, I may have to remove the 'Press and Hold' option from the mute key, I don't think there's a way I can prevent it.

jline4 wrote:Bold 9700 running OS 5.0.0.330. I am having the following problems with it. The try it feature or the alarm itself will not play any tone, whether it is the included, wma, or mp3 files

Hmm, does it vibrate?

jline4 wrote:Also, when I exit the application, whether it is through the menu or by hitting the close button on the berry, when I get to the home screen, it comes up for the search feature

By default (and to show off the feature) it comes assigned with 'End' being pressed as bringing up a shortcut menu, is that maybe what's happening there?

innov8 wrote:BB Tour with 4.7 I cannot get the left or right convenience key shortcuts (double-tap and hold) to work.

Hmm, do they work anywhere on the device? (From the home screen, etc)?

Thanks again for the feedback, guys, I'll be looking into all of these. If you have any followups just post to a new topic. I've updated the main issues list with them, and if I missed anyone let me know.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help