Feature: Memory view and management

Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for HoneyDew.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Feature: Memory view and management

New postby Feature Bot on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:43 pm

User ofutur submitted the following feature request:

Memory view and management

Vote for your favorite features
Feature Bot
Magic Bot

Memory view and management

New postby ofutur on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:43 pm

One feature I like in Fixmo tools is their memory manager. It would be nice if versatool could do the same.
It show the current memory usage and cleans the memory with one click.
ofutur

Re: Feature: Memory view and management

New postby todd3358 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:18 am

Regarding memory management, it was be nice to actually see how much memory specific applications are using and have the ability to close an application from the memory manager. Much like the Task manager in Windows. Some of us are running our memory down to the bare minimum and this information would be very helpful.

Also, some way to know or make sure that removed applications are actually gone from memory. It seems I am slowly loosing available memory over time as I test new apps and remove them. Either that or the core OS apps have been getting larger in size in the last few updates. Running OS 4.5 on 8330.

cheers, todd.
todd3358

New postby Guest on Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:53 pm

This would be a very useful feature.

New postby marwatk on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:51 pm

todd3358 wrote:Regarding memory management, it was be nice to actually see how much memory specific applications are using and have the ability to close an application from the memory manager. Much like the Task manager in Windows. Some of us are running our memory down to the bare minimum and this information would be very helpful.

Unfortunately that's not possible with the current BB OS versions. I am working on a system status applet, though, that contains some of the other stuff...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Feature requests