Security/Password Lock Functionality?

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

Security/Password Lock Functionality?

New postby Newbie on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Hi,

Newbie here testing out the trial version.

Quick question..........

I use a 1 hour security lock/timeout. Will PT be able to run/update at my scheduled time if the phone has gone into a (Security) lock?

Thanks!

Re: Security/Password Lock Functionality?

New postby Me again on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:38 pm

Answered my own question. I disconnected my BB from my laptop (normally I will just be scheduling for at night while on my charging pod) and then added a podcast. Of course at that point it wouldn't update as I have it set to only update when charging.

I then put my phone into security lock and connected it to my computer (and ignoring the request for mass storage so it could try) and voila, I saw the little download activity arrows firing away while the BB was still locked.

Awesomeness!

While I don't have a ton of Podcasts that I like to download regularly, I still think it may end up being worth the $9.99. I'll see after my 30 days are up.
Me again

New postby marwatk on Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:13 pm

Great! Let me know if you run into any issues with it.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Tobian on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:15 pm

I'm having a problem where ... if I'm playing an video podcast (e.g. Ted podcasts), when the auto lock kicks in my podcast is disrupted. So to watch the entire podcast, I've to fidget with one of the keys all the time to mimic business so that the lock doesn't kick in. Sorry if it's been discussed elsewhere, but is there a workaround/setting change for this?
Tobian

New postby marwatk on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi Tobian,

PodTrapper will actively try to prevent the lock, but if you're attached to a corporate network most IT policies forbid third party apps from resetting the lock timer. Is that maybe what you're seeing?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Tobian on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:04 am

Hmm. No, i do receive work e-mail on it, but it's my own BB. I enabled the lock myself and can disable it any time. So one option is to do that right before starting to watch videos ... but it seems like a nag.

Do you happen to know if there's any setting i can check? It would be cool if there was a setting to override the lock when certain applications were running. I looked, haven't found one.
Tobian

New postby marwatk on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:08 pm

Yeah, in the application permissions look for the 'Reset Security Timeout' permission and set it to allow.

(These are in the main bb settings, highlight podtrapper in the list of applications and chose 'Permissions' from the menu).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to General Discussion