Next update anticipation?

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

Next update anticipation?

New postby therealjoeblow on Tue May 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi Marcus,

Just chiming in to say I bought P/T today after only 1 week of trial because:

1) It's already pretty darned good at doing what it does, and even if it never gets any better, it's certainly worth $10 as-is

2) After posting initial thoughts to the forum and a couple of feature requests/suggestions, you replied very quickly and appeared to be very supportive, so it's likely that the features I'd like to see will get implemented, and

3) Looking at the release history, it seems that you generally update frequently, so It shouldn't take years to get features and fixes implemented like some other applications

So all-in-all, I didn't need anywhere near 30 days to be convinced this is something I need to pay for and will get lots of use out of. That said, it looks like the release cycle has gone from every few days as of late last year to, well, I don't know - it's been Feb 14th since the last beta.

I was just wondering what the expectations would be for future update(s), hopefully with some of the recent feature requests included. Hope I'm not out of line in asking, just seems that the last 2-1/2 months have been slow.

Cheers
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow

Re: Next update anticipation?

New postby marwatk on Thu May 06, 2010 9:01 am

Hi Joe,

Thanks!

I know it's been a while, but the updates are kind of on hold for a moment while I get the Android port done. I'm trying to maintain a single code-base, and since it doesn't compile right now, that means no PodTrapper updates until I get it done. Though I do have a few new features in, like folders, recycle bin/recently deleted, and a bunch of bug fixes, so as soon as I get the android beta out the door I'll also have a new PodTrapper beta. Sorry for the delay.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby therealjoeblow on Thu May 06, 2010 9:44 am

No worries - I'm going to switch to a HTC Andriod model when my BB subscription expires in December, so it's great news to hear that you are focussing on that version now anyway.

Cheers
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow

New postby houseofmick on Wed May 19, 2010 12:45 pm

any idea on the timeline for the android beta to be ready for purchase or testing,, been using podtrapper on my BB for a year or so,, recently switched to an android phone and DYING to have my Podtrapper back. hopefully its soon,, thanks for any reply we get.
houseofmick

New postby marwatk on Thu May 20, 2010 8:53 am

My optimistic estimate is the end of next week to have a really rough alpha, that may slip, though.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby therealjoeblow on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:34 pm

...and that was a month ago...

:-)
Cheers
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow

New postby marwatk on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:11 pm

Heh, yeah, sorry about that. It's definitely getting there.

Major features that are in are a 'Recently Deleted' podcast type thingy for handling those accidental deletions, replayable playlists (for music), and hopefully fully customizable keyboard shortcuts (though these are proving error prone, but I'm trying to fix), and a couple of others I'm forgetting.

I would release the BB version of this stuff, but everything is getting changed a lot while I work out the android kinks (they share 95% of code, so when I run into a change that has backend implications I have to change the BB frontend as well).

Once I finally get this out the door the release schedule will go back to normal. I totally underestimated how much work porting was going to be.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby theedge21 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:22 am

I really can't wait for the anroid version. I just upgraded my phone to the new Evo handset and honestly this is the only program that I can't find that is half is good. :) So i can't wait
Sam
theedge21

Return to General Discussion