Headphone / mic suggestions?

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

Headphone / mic suggestions?

New postby ehart on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:25 am

Hi guys,

I lost wired mic/earbuds combo that came with my BB Bold 9700, and thought I'd come here for advice on a replacement. The OEMs worked great with podtrapper. The clicker on the cord nicely paused and restarted any podcast being played. Sound quality wasn't bad (I've certainly heard worse from OEM headphones) especially for podcasts. Nice and small and tangle-free for carrying in a pocket. So maybe I should just get another one of those!

Still, this is the chance to consider something else:

1. I'd like it if I could answer the phone with the clicker on the headset. Weirdly, when the phone rings now, I have to get the phone out and manually answer. Maybe this is a BB setting rather than a headset issue?
2. I do need a mic -- it's too inconvenient when the phone rings otherwise
3. Although the sound quality was decent, perhaps better sound quality in case I start listening to more music (currently I just use the headphones for Podtrapper and for phone calls)
4. Any experience with bluetooth headsets? There are some slick ones out there, but I'm concerned about battery life. I barely make it to the end of the day as it is if I do a lot (several hours) of talking on the phone during the day. I'm sure the fact that I have Podtrapper autodownloading LOTS of podcasts doesn't help, or that I leave both wireless and cell enabled all the time.

What are your favorite BB headphones?

Thanks,

Eric
ehart

Re: Headphone / mic suggestions?

New postby Old_Timer_Gamer on Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:48 pm

I've been using Jawbone ICON for the past few months. It supports A2DP.
The only thing I don't like about the hedset is the ear pieces and ear hook that comes with the unit.
However, Jabra earjels work great. Search the web (YouTube) and you will find an example of using the Jabra earjels. You want to make sure you get the right style of Jabra earjels. The ones that replace the Jawbone ear pieces... not fit over them.
I like to listen to podcasts when driving, but i don't want to have both my ears covered... I want to be able to hear important/critical ourside sounds Although I could simply copy podcasts to some other media and play it through the car speakers, it will not help me when I want to continue listening to the podcast when I'm not in the car. Note: Only the Jawbone ICON model headsets support A2Dp. Check out http://mytalk.jawbone.com/jb2/mytalk/beta.
Old_Timer_Gamer

Return to General Discussion