Setting Time to Update Podcast?

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

Setting Time to Update Podcast?

New postby Bluewind on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:30 pm

I listen to hourly podcasts of the news. I like to listen to the latest podcast (who wants to listen to 2PM's podcast when its now after 3PM). I set Podtrapper to update the news podcast every hour. Unfortunately it updates at 50 minutes after the hour. How can I set up Podtrapper to update a podcast at 15 or 20 minutes after the hour? What determines the hourly update time? Is it random or can it be manipulated perhaps by saving the podcast settings at a certain time? Thanks.
Bluewind

Re: Setting Time to Update Podcast?

New postby marwatk on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:24 pm

Hi there,

Right now everything but 'Daily' is based on the last update time. So, for example, if the last successful update was at 1:20, and it's set to hourly, the next one will be at 2:20. You can 'adjust' it by forcing a manual update at the time that you want it. It should stay in sync as long as it doesn't run into an issue with the server. I'm looking into ways to make it smarter, but right now that's how it works.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Setting Time to Update Podcast?

New postby Bluewind on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:31 pm

Thanks for the message about timing hourly podcast updates. The solution while not perfect will work. I'd like to suggest adding a variable update timer so I can always set a podcast to update at :20 after the hour.

Thanks.
Bluewind

Return to General Discussion