Re-download deleted podcasts?

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

Re-download deleted podcasts?

New postby ehart on Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:55 pm

So if I delete a podcast episode, is there a way to see it in the list of episodes again, so that I can download it again?

Problem is this: I have my podcasts set to auto-delete after listened to. Occasionally when I pause a podcast, I manage to bump one button or another so that the podcast plays, finishes, and deletes, all without me hearing it. I go back to the list of episodes, thinking I can just highlight the episode and download it again, but the episode doesn't even show up in the list, no matter what I do.

Any way to get Podtrapper to forget what it's deleted and download the most recent x episodes of a podcast, even if they've been previously listened to and deleted?

Thanks,

Eric
ehart

Re: Re-download deleted podcasts?

New postby Steve_S_T on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:34 am

I occasionally get a corrupted podcast that simply re-downloading doesn't cure, so this is a feature I'd like to have because it would enable me to completely delete the episode and start again. Having said that I appreciate that it's logisitically difficult (if not impossible) thing to set up, so I'm happy to continue doing the occasional manual download then playing the troublesome episode through the media player.

Steve.
Steve_S_T

New postby marwatk on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:22 am

You can press Alt+Del to completely delete an episode and it will be seen again the next time you update. For just regular deletes you can choose 'Change View' from the menu and show deleted items and redownload one.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby ehart on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:03 am

That worked, thanks. (The menu item is "View Deleted" in my version).
ehart

Return to General Discussion