Blackberry's screen blanker is kicking in

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

Blackberry's screen blanker is kicking in

New postby brandypuff on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:46 pm

While watching a video podcast the screen goes dark but the padcast continues after a fixed time interval.
How do i disable the screen saver?
brandypuff

Re: Blackberry's screen blanker is kicking in

New postby marwatk on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:40 am

Hmm, has this always happened, or is it just the new version that's doing it?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby brandypuff on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:30 am

I am running V3.0.1

I just started a trial so don't have any history to go on but it only happens on video files, the screen goes black
but the audio continues.But it seems to be intermittent and when it does occur, my BB is not immediately responsive
as the space bar doesn't stop the playback. So it may be related to something else. I am kind of low on app memory - only 8MB left. I will keep an eye on it and see if I can pinpoint when it occurs.
brandypuff

New postby brandypuff on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:45 am

I probably should have posted this in the Bugs section.

The screen blanker is definitely kicking in during video podcasts and is reproduceable.
Not a real big deal but an annoyance. I'm running verion 5 of the OS and the latest Podtrapper version.
brandypuff

New postby cadzilla74 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:15 pm

My BB Storm 1 always drove me crazy going to blank screen on apps I wanted to keep visible (Like BB Maps or BB Messenger or PT). I strongly recommend a great little app called Leave It On from shao-soft.com. It's only .3mb of memory usage but it allows you to set up a list of apps to Leave On when they are running or you can just hit the BB button and Leave It On will be on the Menu for any app you are running. You click on Leave It On from there and the app stays up and will not go dark until you stop that particular app. There are a variety of settings as well, like "allow blank screen if battery is below xx %", etc.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

New postby marwatk on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:30 am

Hmm, well ideally I'd like PodTrapper to keep the screen on itself. I'll look into it, see if I'm missing something.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to General Discussion