Pause on Android with screen off

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

Pause on Android with screen off

New postby hbear on Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:35 pm

First, thanks for Podtrapper. I had it on my Blackberry Tour and was thrilled to find it when I switched to the DROID X (which makes my BB seem like 10-year old technology).

1. I think it’s time to separate out your help pages into separate BB and Android sections. There are just too many differences in handset functions (particularly keyboard stuff).

2. My primary problem is figuring out a quick way to pause (or even mute) playback after screen has turned off (and possibly locked).

Any ideas?

If Android “media button” function could be reassigned to control Podtrapper, that would solve things.
The Tasker app is an absolutely mind boggling tool for customizing what the phone does based on various conditions…and I thought I might be able to reassign the pause toggle to the camera button.
Sadly, that just makes the stock android player start and stop.

db
hbear

Re: Pause on Android with screen off

New postby marwatk on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:48 am

hbear wrote:1. I think it’s time to separate out your help pages into separate BB and Android sections. There are just too many differences in handset functions (particularly keyboard stuff).

I'm not quite sure how I want to do that yet. I have to find a balance between presenting what you're looking for (device specific stuff) and managing duplicate content (if each device had its own manual).

hbear wrote:2. My primary problem is figuring out a quick way to pause (or even mute) playback after screen has turned off (and possibly locked).

Yep, there's a setting for using your power button as a play/pause button (keyboard settings). On Android there's no way for an app to listen for keys when the device is locked like there is on BB, so podtrapper uses a quick double press of the power button as a play pause.

hbear wrote:The Tasker app is an absolutely mind boggling tool for customizing what the phone does based on various conditions…and I thought I might be able to reassign the pause toggle to the camera button.
Sadly, that just makes the stock android player start and stop.

Can you send me a copy of the logs when you do that? I'd like to see what even they're catching (I should be able to see it).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to General Discussion