Missing from Android Market

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

Missing from Android Market

New postby danep on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:13 pm

It appears that PodTrapper was once on the Android Market (maybe since September?), but I just got an Android phone and searched for "podtrapper" and could not find it. What's up?
danep

Re: Missing from Android Market

New postby toddm on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:13 pm

I see it there. Make sure you're looking at the non-free apps.
toddm

New postby danep on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:23 pm

I can see many other non-free apps... but nothing comes up when I search for podtrapper. How bizarre. Could it be because I'm in Canada, or because I'm running 2.1? Or something to do with my carrier? Thanks.
danep

New postby danep on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:10 pm

After a lot of searching on this topic, it seems that this is likely due to "filters" in the Android Market- PodTrapper has some sort of requirement that my phone/carrier/country does not meet. Unfortunately, I have no idea what exactly PodTrapper's requirements are (I tried unpacking the APK but was foiled by the binary AndroidManifest.xml), so there's no way for me to figure out exactly what's causing PodTrapper to be filtered out.

FYI, my phone is a Huawei U8100, carrier is Wind (Canada).
danep

New postby marwatk on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:10 pm

:/ I shouldn't be hitting any filters, I just went out to make sure and I can't see any place where I could have made it more broad. It's possible that it's detecting that I'm using a feature that isn't compatible with some phones, but I'm not sure what that would be. What OS are you running on your phone?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby danep on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:53 pm

My Huawei U8100 is running (stock) Android 2.1.

Just to be clear, I'm quite fortunately able to download and run the program perfectly well from the OTA download page. It's just not showing up in the market. You are probably right that it has to do with a missing feature, or possibly with a problem with copy-protected apps on the U8100: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread. ... s.-Visible

I don't mean to bug you, like I said I'm able to work around the problem- but I adore PodTrapper and want it to be as widely available as possible!
danep

New postby marwatk on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:20 pm

danep wrote:want it to be as widely available as possible!

Me too ;)

Reading through that post it could be that it's not working because I'm specifying targeting android 1.5, which actually hurts in this case, because the screen on that phone is smaller than was supported on 1.5. I'll see if I can get that fixed. My guess is it's specific to that phone, though.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to General Discussion