Automatic DL question.

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

Automatic DL question.

New postby rgorman on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:42 am

I am considering PodTrapper- using the Trial at the moment. I had a question about having the Podcasts download to the device memory instead of SD card, but I figured that one out using the FAQ's. However- I have another query about automatic downloads of new episodes of a subscribed podcast. Currently, the Blackberry Podcast app will automatically download a podcast whether or not the app is actually running. (Well, it's supposed to download new episodes- they seem to have broken something recently and it is hit and miss. Which explains why I'm trying Podtrapper!)

Does Podtrapper do essentially the same thing? Automatically know when a new episode is ready and download it without having the app running? I ask because when you "exit" the app, a warning comes up that reads "New episodes will NOT be downloaded". If so, fine. If not- I'm concerned about battery life having it running all the time. I have had it running for awhile at times and I definitely notice a difference in battery life.

Thanks in advance...

R.

And yes a first post!
rgorman

Re: Automatic DL question.

New postby jayf on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:04 pm

Yes if you exit the app it wont download new episodes until you start it again. The good news is you can set it to auto start with the system so you don't have to remember to do that each time you turn on your phone.

Also, not sure if this is what you meant by your question but you have to schedule the downloads of each podcast so you have to know something about that podcast's update schedule.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
jayf

Re: Automatic DL question.

New postby rgorman on Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I have noticed over the last few days that it pulls them down when I start the app. Which is fine. As I said, this helping to save battery life. Downloads are pretty quick anyway, so I don't have to worry about that. And yes, I do know that most of my podcasts are scheduled weekly at around the same time. As of right now, I have listened and deleted several that haven't even shown up in the BB podcast app. Looks like I'll be a Podtrapper customer soon!
rgorman

Return to General Discussion