Add a podcast on your desktop?

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

Add a podcast on your desktop?

New postby British Nick on Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:58 am

Hi,

I just downloaded this trial edition and love it on my new storm!
Is there a way though of adding a new podcast address through the desktop rather than having to browse/copy it in through the device?
I would love to be able to find a new podcast on my desktop and then just add it straight onto my list the next time I plug in the device. Kinda the way itunes works now.

Thanks,
Nick
British Nick

Re: Add a podcast on your desktop?

New postby arkolbus on Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:38 pm

I don't think this is possible right now. Your best bet is to find the podcast on your computer, copy the URL for the feed, email it to your blackberry, and copy and paste the URL into podtrapper. You can copy/paste a block of URLs (I did this when migrating from iPod to podtrapper). Just make sure each URL is on a separate line.

Alternatively, you can search for the podcast in the podtrapper's built-in podcast browser/catalog.

More functionality in the desktop downloader would be nice, though.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Re: Add a podcast on your desktop?

New postby marwatk on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:09 pm

Yeah, as arkolbus said, the best bet is emailing the urls to yourself or using the browser.

The next step with this, I think, will be google reader integration, so you can specify your subs in google groups. I figure that's easier and will work for more people than using the desktop downloader to do this kind of stuff.

Let me know if anyone thinks otherwise.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to General Discussion