Improving Search Capability and Categories

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

Improving Search Capability and Categories

New postby srivegas on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:10 pm

As a first time podtrapper user. I installed the program and then tried to find my favorite NPR programs. I was dismayed to see that when I type in Fresh Air, the search shows all kinds of podcasts instead of showing me this program. I had to type in NPR Programs or some such thing and painfully scroll through the list.

On Itunes its easy to get to the popular podcasts and the ones that are categorized by the producer of the podcasts. Would it be possible to have a category for NPR, PRI APM etc or at least have the search return better results of the more popular programs first?

Perhaps there is a better way and I just don't know how to do this, but the search is painful and the categories don't seem to be helpful. Otherwise I really like this program and would definitely consider purchasing it since I am using the Trial version on my new Blackberry 8900 Curve which rocks.

Regards
Srini
srivegas

Re: Improving Search Capability and Categories

New postby arkolbus on Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:53 pm

Yeah, I found the directory to be painful as well. I just sent myself an email with all the feed URLs (copied from iTunes), highlighted the block of URLs, copied, and pasted into podtrapper.

It was a pain getting the feed URLs out of iTunes, but it only has to be done once.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Re: Improving Search Capability and Categories

New postby marwatk on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:37 pm

I hate the current browser as well. The problem (that I haven't been able to figure out a solution to, yet), is that there are TONS of podcasts (there are more than 40k in the browser). I'm working on a couple of ideas, but I'm definitely open to suggestions here.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to General Discussion