exit or close?

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

exit or close?

New postby Cobra302 on Sat May 16, 2009 9:18 pm

first just wanted to say thanks for a great program! i have really enjoyed having the trial, and bought the full version yesterday. my question is, i have the start podtrapper on startup feature checked in the options. but when i restart my bold, i dont see podtrapper in the application list as a running app. i then manually open podtrapper, and then hit close to return to the main screen. this in turn shows me that podtrapper is running in the applications menu when i choose to switch applications. do i need to do this? or will the program automatically start the download of my podcasts when i specified even without opening, then closing it? does that make sense? if i open the program to watch a podcast, when i'm done, should i be hitting close or exit to make sure that the podcasts continue to download? thanks for all the help! :D
Cobra302

Re: exit or close?

New postby arkolbus on Sun May 17, 2009 9:29 am

Run on startup isn't enabled right now:
http://versatilemonkey.com/forums/viewt ... tarts#p810

"Exit" seems to fully quit the program, while "Close" just runs the program in the background (like hitting the escape key from the main screen, or hitting the red "end call" key).

"Close" should probably be renamed to "Run in background", or something similar.

If you want PT to download episodes, load PT manually, then "Close", "Escape", or "End call".
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Re: exit or close?

New postby marwatk on Sun May 17, 2009 9:36 pm

Thanks for clearing that up.

I'll add renaming it to my todo list (probably to 'Hide')

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to General Discussion