Multi-Os testing

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

Re: PodTrapper 2.1.3 Beta

New postby Neuroxic77 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:36 pm

I just loaded 4.7 on my Storm and it didn't work. I got the illegal argument right after startup. I am gonna try the version for 5.0 now.

Hmm both times it says version 0.9.0 is that suppose to be?
Neuroxic77

New postby MADBRADNYC on Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:45 pm

The link appears to recognize by BB as it placed my version at the top, but the download link doesn't seem to work. I am getting...

Java.io.IOException: Resource could not be found http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/beta/4.5 ... pper-5.cod: 404 - Not Found
MADBRADNYC

New postby marwatk on Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:53 pm

Yeah, there appears to be some issues. I've reverted back to 2.1.1, thanks for letting me know. Back to the drawing board. I think I'll move this discussion to the general discussion while I figure it out since I'll still need help testing with later OS versions, but don't want people getting notice if they've subscribed to the announcements forum.
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Multi-Os testing

New postby marwatk on Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:46 pm

Ok, attempt #2 is at a new url:
http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/test/

I verified at least that 4.5 works, I'm trying 4.3 and 4.2 now. If you can, try out your OS and let me know how it goes (I'm very interested in 4.7).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Neuroxic77 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:50 pm

Storm 4.7

Its not looking good I dled it. The it said it was installed sucessfully then I got the illegal argument error 2x. I am doing a battery pull right now
Neuroxic77

New postby Neuroxic77 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:53 pm

Bat pull didn't help. I'll try the 4.5 version.
Neuroxic77

New postby marwatk on Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:56 pm

Strike that, after a battery pull I get the same Illegal Argument exception. Looks like I'll have to debug some more tomorrow. Thanks for the help. I'll post again when I'm able to diagnose further.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Once more, with feeling

New postby marwatk on Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:32 pm

Ok, found my issue (if you're curious my preprocessor was filtering images as well, turning \n into \r\n corrupting them, but not all of them, and not in my IDE, only in the build scripts. So I wasn't seeing it in the simulator).

Now the test url should have working copies for each OS. I've installed and tested 4.5 and 4.2 (will try 4.3 as soon as it finishes rebooting). Let me know how 4.7 and 5.0 work for those of you that have them.
http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/test/

I probably won't do a 4.6 release, since all you get with that one is GUI slickness, but I've had to create my own, so no gain there. For that matter, I'll probably ditch the 4.5 version as well, since they only thing you get there is the ability to send output to bluetooth devices, but I can already do that without an OS specific version.

4.3, 4.7 and 5.0 are where I get real features. If you're curious they are:
4.3: Ability to see available audio routing mechanisms (useful for doing better routing, and things like pausing playback when you unplug a headset)
4.7: Touch controls (need these to draw playback controls for storm video)
5.0: Access to bluetooth, headset and media keys at all times (still trying to confirm the bluetooth aspect, though)

Let me know how the testing goes.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby MADBRADNYC on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:48 pm

No love for the 8900 v4.6? I guess I shouldn't even try to download then.
Thanks for the heads up. :evil:

Edit: I did download the 4.5 & up version, as I believe I misunderstood your post. As stated before, it seemed to recognize my BB by placing this version at the top for me. I also notice the changes in the settings for the SD card and such. I will be playing with this version overnight and tomorrow, and let you know what's up. Thanks. :evil:
MADBRADNYC

New postby andrewnyc on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:29 am

Very excited about the 4.3 and 5.0 potential! (now only if a less buggy version of 5.0 would leak out!)
T-Mobile G2x
running Android 2.3.7 (CM7 Nightly)
PodTrapper v3.0.20
andrewnyc

Return to General Discussion