Play to bluetooth speakers (my car stereo)

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

Play to bluetooth speakers (my car stereo)

New postby stanky on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:00 pm

Hi there,

I have a BB Curve 8210. I would like to know if I can play podcasts to my car stereo which is currently paired to my BB by bluetooth. Thank you.

Stany
stanky

Re: Play to bluetooth speakers (my car stereo)

New postby arkolbus on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:45 am

Podtrapper can output to any audio device that the BB Media Player can.

Normally having the audio output set to "Auto" will select the best output method. If it's not playing to your stereo when paired, you can change the audio output "Stereo Bluetooth", assuming your car stereo actually supports stereo bluetooth (A2DP). If not, "Bluetooth" should work fine.

The only way (that I know of) to manually select the audio output is to view the currently playing episode, hit the Menu key, and select "Select output". As far as I know, this is not possible from the main screen, download screen, playlist screen, or podcast screen. You have to go into the screen that shows all the podcast details.

I use a 8330 Curve, I keep my audio output set to "Auto", and it plays nice with my Jabra BT620s (BT headphones), Motorola T505 (Bluetooth to FM transmitter, for the car), wired headphones at work, and speakerphone at home. Everything switches on the fly, which is fantastic.

It should work fine if you've successfully paired your BB to your stereo. If you're having trouble, let us know.

Also, I'm not trying to be a nit-picky jerk, but the 8210 is a Pearl Flip. The corresponding Curve is the 8310. It doesn't make much of a difference in the context of this discussion, since I don't think there are any major hardware or software differences with respect to Bluetooth between the two models. It might make a difference if you're asking for help in a different situation, though.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Re: Play to bluetooth speakers (my car stereo)

New postby stanky on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:57 am

Thank you for the info. I apologize - I have the 8320 Curve. Had to check again.

Take care.

Stanky
stanky

Return to General Discussion