Unknown sound/tone and blinking red LED

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

Unknown sound/tone and blinking red LED

New postby mtech on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:05 am

Hi. I searched forums but see nothing on this.

Since upgrading to 2.1.21, I notice a tone (hmmm, how to describe!) occasionally. (Quick high-pitched tone.)

A. What is this tone indicating?
B. How can I control it?

I also notice my LED blinks red from time to time. Haven't been able to link it to the tone but perhaps it is. When I check messages and phone log, there is no waiting message. Is this PT-related?

Thanks.
Droid Bionic | Android 2.3.4 | System 5.5.886.XT875.Verizon,en.US| Fav Podcast: This American Life
mtech

Re: Unknown sound/tone and blinking red LED

New postby arkolbus on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:28 am

An explanation of this behavior is located in the post announcing the new beta release: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=697#p3307

The changelog is another good place to start when you notice new behavior. It's located at the same location you download PT.
For betas: http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/beta/
For official releases: http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/beta/

Podtrapper now has a notification profile for when an episode finishes downloading. The notification system for PT works the same way as your phone/messaging/reminder notifications, by using a notification profile.

Blackberry has a common notification system that all programs can use. To modify its behavior, go to Profiles -> Advanced..., highlight the profile you want to change, Menu -> Edit -> PodTrapper Podcast Downloaded. Note that there are different profiles [Loud, Vibrate, Quiet, Normal, etc.]. You should check to see that PT's behavior is what you desire under each profile. You can modify the notification behavior for any other app in that list.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby mtech on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:31 am

Great. Thanks. (And "duh," makes sense now.)
Droid Bionic | Android 2.3.4 | System 5.5.886.XT875.Verizon,en.US| Fav Podcast: This American Life
mtech

New postby braral on Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:17 pm

Why does this notification keep resetting each time I stop and re-start pod-trapper?

Is there anyway to change this once and then leave it set even if I "exit" and restart podtrapper. I don't really want to get the blinking light because there is a new podcast.
braral

New postby marwatk on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:31 am

It shouldn't. You're adjusting it in the Profiles and seeing it get changed on you? (It's a bug in the OS that it will be lost when the phone reboots, though)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby diffused on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:10 am

Is it the Tour 9630 you're on? When you're in the Sounds/Profiles, Set Ringtones/Alerts, Other, PodTrapper, there is LED. Turn that off, make sure when everything is set the way you want, menu and save. Don't forget to save. Also on your homescreen, open Options , Screen/Keyboard and a ways down is LED Coverage Indicator. Make sure it's off unless you want to see the light blink always when you have a signal. If this doesn't work, well Marcus could be correct as far as a bug in the OS. I had the Tour and it had some bugs in the profile. I didn't have any problems with what you are having though.
diffused~

BOLD TOUCH 9930 O.S. 7.1.0.342
diffused

Return to General Discussion