Overload

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

Overload

New postby hsm on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:58 pm

I'm brand new to the forum and must say I'm very impressed with this application. I agree with what someone said earlier: when you get beyond the essential features of the smartphone, e.g., email, phone, etc., this is the very finest app I have seen, and put together and managed by someone who has consistently applied the degree of ability and caring necessary to make it a first class operation at an incredibly affordable price. NOw for my question: when I first downloaded the trial version of the app, I selected 8 programs. Since then I've noticed a very definite effect on the functionality of the handheld, especially the speed and efficiency at which it operates. I assume it's because the app is taking up a lot of space with the programs I've requested. Is there a suggested # of downloads one can make without such a significant impact on speed. I even noticed last night that some of the programs on PodTrapper would lock. Is it possible to download a program with a list of available episodes, yet not download the eps until ready for them - if that's doable, I should think it would eliminate some of the "choaking" that seems to be going on with so many downloaded episodes on board.
hsm

Re: Overload

New postby diffused on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:53 pm

This is just from my own experience. It doesn't lag my device unless I actually have it open and running. I can program it to only download the episodes I want. The rest are just titles that I can download when needed. I also have the option to delete anything I want. What type/model handheld are you using.
diffused~

BOLD TOUCH 9930 O.S. 7.1.0.342
diffused

Re: Overload

New postby marwatk on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:46 pm

Well, it shouldn't overload memory based on the number of podcasts (it can, but it's rare). It can definitely impact performance when you're downloading, though. If you're seeing the little arrows go all the time when it's lagging, try to set it to 'Download only when charging' in the download settings, then you won't notice it. (Hopefully).

There is a setting to not download any automatically, you can edit an individual podcast (highlight the podcast, hit the menu, then choose 'Podcast Settings'). From there set 'Max to auto-download' to zero and it won't auto-download anything.

Let me know...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to General Discussion