Video podcasts

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

Video podcasts

New postby andytizer on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:43 am

Hi there,

I know that PodTrapper supports video podcast aggregating, but my question is are there any video podcasts that are 'ready to play' for BlackBerry models? Most are incompatible because the have too large a resolution for the screen. In the past I have found one or two that went under my 8900 480×360 screen which was difficult for me to find, and I was wondering if anyone else had had any luck with finding more.

PS. I would love to have a premium service for converting video podcasts, because to set up something automatic for my PC is too much of a headache.

Thanks,
Andy
andytizer

Re: Video podcasts

New postby marwatk on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:45 pm

RIM doesn't publish a useful metric of what devices support what media, unfortunately, so it's mostly just trial and error. The 8900 should play most, though, regardless of resolution. Anyone else have experience with that model?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby diffused on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:22 pm

We were having a lively discussion earlier this week on the subject over in Bugs and Help... At End of Episode, Screen Flashes...
You might check it out.
diffused~

BOLD TOUCH 9930 O.S. 7.1.0.342
diffused

New postby andytizer on Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:03 am

Thanks, I can safely say that the Youtube of the day has a 8900 curve compatible regularly updated podcast. Gives me some automatic video content to watch while I'm on the work commute on public transport!

Does anyone else have any ideas?
andytizer

Return to General Discussion