Auto-removal of episode from playlist

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Auto-removal of episode from playlist

New postby WarER4X on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:44 am

It seems that the playlist's automatic episode removal rules are causing it to remove episodes that a user may not want removed yet. In my case, it will remove an episode that has not been finished if I start playing the episode after. For example, episode 1 is 50% played, then I start playing episode 2 in the list. The auto-removal then removes episode 1 even though I wasn't finished with it. That may be by design, but it can be a problem if the user accidentally starts playing a later episode in the list, for example. If I have 20 episodes in the play list and episode 2 gets automatically removed (in this case, because of operator error), the only way to fix the list is to clear it and rebuild it.

-SR-
WarER4X

Re: Auto-removal of episode from playlist

New postby marwatk on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:54 pm

Hi SR,

So I supposed there are two lines of thoughts to go with playlists, and I should probably get feedback from people on what they'd like to see.

My goal with playlists was to make them totally simple and transient. Mostly to fill the need of long drives or commutes when you don't want to be fumbling with what to play next. The goal is to never to really have a 'playlist' in the typically sense of the word, more like a play queue similar to a juke box, where you're stacking things you'd like to hear, but not really caring to store or manage the list itself.

For me this seems like the use case to target, but I could be wrong.

I definitely understand the 'accidentally went to the next episode' issue, but I'm not sure I can solve that and still keep it as simple as it is, UI wise. I could add simple 'move to top' or 'move to bottom' items in the playlist screen, would that help?

Do you have any thoughts on what type of playlist functionality you'd like to see?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help