reboot after seeking during play

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

reboot after seeking during play

New postby jayntguru on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:38 pm

I have been using podtraper for a while now and it has always worked well. Then I decided to improve things, and now it's broken.

I am running 2.6.7 and everything works fine 90% of the time until I start skipping forward or back in a podcast. If I go too far or too fast, I get an error that says: "error playing media: 6 corruption was detected in the media file. Redownloading may correct it." Then my phone reboots. It's not specific to any podcast or file. When my phone reboots, podtrapper gives me an error about the permissions and makes me set and save them again.

What made it start doing this was that I installed the release version of 5.0 on my 8830. Afterwards I was having the above problem so I re-installed podtrapper 2.6.7 using the 5.0 link, just in case something about the upgrade messed it up. This didn't change the symptom.

What should I do to resolve?

Thanks,
Jay
jayntguru

Re: reboot after seeking during play

New postby marwatk on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi Jay,

Sadly most of the 5.0 OS releases for CDMA devices (how can I put this properly)... suck. :)

They totally broke seeking on variable bit rate MP3s over 30 minutes, and AAC files with embedded pictures, etc, etc.

Sadly there's not much of a solution at this point, though I've filed bugs with rim about all of them. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you :(

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby jayntguru on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Any update on this? I'm still dealing with a phone that randomly reboots multiple times a day because of it. :(
jayntguru

New postby marwatk on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:40 am

Nope, the bug has been updated to 'investigating' by RIM, but no word on a fix yet.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help