Can't get to run on Bold

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Can't get to run on Bold

New postby whitlecj on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:04 pm

I have tried installing several versions on my Bold with no success. The problem seems to be when it is verifying the permissions. I have everything set to allow, then I save, and it just keeps giving me the same change permissions screen. I did hard exit out of that and then run the app and I can't find any option to allow me to tell it which podcast. Maybe it is just me.
whitlecj

Re: Can't get to run on Bold

New postby marwatk on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:04 pm

Hi whitlecj,

Can you try version 1.6.1 at http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/prerelease/ ?

It adds new startup code that should work a little better, and let us know if/where there is a problem.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby whitlecj on Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:57 pm

That got it working. Thanks. Now I can give it a go and see if I am ready to purchase. One concern I have is I am on a BES. Can my BES admin see this program and the podcast that I download. Not that it really matters I guess, but not sure I like it. I really would love to use this for podcast instead of my ipod. Let me know. Thanks.
whitlecj

New postby marwatk on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:47 pm

Um, I'm not entirely sure. They definitely can't see PodTrapper settings, but they'll likely be able to see network requests your device is making. (For example, that it requested http://www.google.com/ or whatever). In PodTrapper you can disable MDS, (which is the BES transport), which may mitigate that, but I don't know enough to say for sure. I know if you do wifi or desktop downloading they for sure cannot see it.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help