Error Playing this episode......

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Error Playing this episode......

New postby mhunt1977 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:33 am

I keep getting the following error message when trying to play podcasts through PodTrapper: Error playing this episode (0x2): (0) javax.microedition.media.mediaexception/error initializing media. A second Error message is also displayed right after clicking ok: Error playing media: Unknown error. I am using a BlackBerry Storm 9530 v5.0.0.328 (Platform 4.2.0.128).

Any suggestions on what is causing this error and how to resolve it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
mhunt1977

Re: Error Playing this episode......

New postby marwatk on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:52 pm

Can you try setting the buffer playback setting to the opposite of whatever it's set to now? (Found in the 'Playback Settings' screen). Let me know if that doesn't fix it for you.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby mhunt1977 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:14 pm

Sorry, it's taken so long for me to reply. I forgot I had posted this to be honest. And was still having the same issue today and finally had time to sit down and actually look into it. I actually did a google search and it found this post. i was thinking, sweet, someone one else was having the same issue that I was and that I might be able to finally figure out what was going on and how to possible fix it; and low and behold, it was actually me that posted it originally. I'm such a dork. Today, i did as you suggested and changed the buffer play back setting and restarted my BB it actually solved the problem. Thanks for the help/suggestion. Now my next question is, is this buffer setting option per the PT app or is it per podcast I subscribe to? Meaning that if this error should appear for other applications that I can change it per that podcast or will I constantly need to change it as it associated with the app itself? Thanks again for your help and thank you for creating such an awesome app. I use this app almost daily.
mhunt1977

New postby marwatk on Sat May 01, 2010 5:37 pm

It's a setting for PodTrapper only, but it needs to be set based on phone model and OS (but I don't have a comprehensive list of where it works and where it doesn't).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help