Pearl Reverts to Internal Speaker After Receiving Call

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Pearl Reverts to Internal Speaker After Receiving Call

New postby jstewar9 on Wed May 12, 2010 7:40 pm

Hello,

I have a Blackberry Pearl 8100 running BB OS 4.2.1.107 with Podtrapper 2.6.7. Whenever I receive a call while listening Podtrapper on my headphones the podcast continues to play in the background after I answer the call. Furthermore, once I finish my call Podtrapper will only output to my phone's speaker, not my headphones. I have tried setting the output to headphones through the menu, but it still doesn't work. The only way I can get Podtrapper working through my headphones again is by reinstalling. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Jonathon
jstewar9

Re: Pearl Reverts to Internal Speaker After Receiving Call

New postby marwatk on Thu May 13, 2010 8:36 am

Hi Jonathan,

This one is usually an OS issue, and you may be able to fix it permanently by upgrading to 4.5, but if you're not able to, one of these workarounds may help:

1 Try unplugging your headphones and plugging them back in, this will sometimes trick the OS into resetting to the headphones
2 Try switching to the speakerphone via the 'Select output' menu item, then back to headphones

If #2 works then you may be able to set 'Continuously set output mode' on the playback settings screen and fix it permanently. Let me know how it goes.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby jstewar9 on Wed May 19, 2010 5:43 pm

Unfortunately, a new OS is not available from T-mobile. Also, I tried setting the set output continuously option but it did not work. The next call I received switched my phone to speaker and it won't switch back even after unplugging and plugging headphones back in.

Cheers,
Jonathon
jstewar9

New postby marwatk on Thu May 20, 2010 8:53 am

If you start to play a new episode does that work?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help