Podcast Restarting

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Podcast Restarting

New postby French on Fri May 28, 2010 3:59 pm

I tried to search for this but search keeps telling me the words I'm choosing are too common (restart, pause).

I'm so frustrated...most of the Podcasts I listen to are an hour or just slightly more. My commute is only 30 minutes so inevitably I pause/stop them 2 or 3 times to listen all the way through. Lately I can't finish ANY of my Podcasts because I get to a pause point and then when I try to restart later I get the dreaded start over (from the very beginning). I don't want to have to relisten to my Podcasts for upwards of 15 - 20 minutes to be able to finish them!! I'm to the point that the last 3 Podcasts I tried to listen to I ended up bagging the last 15 minutes of because I couldn't get to those 15 minutes without wasting 10 getting there.
French

Re: Podcast Restarting

New postby marwatk on Sun May 30, 2010 11:29 am

Thanks for the heads up on the search. I had disabled the common word setting, but apparently I needed to rebuild the index for it to actually work. Should be good to go now.

For the restart issue, can you try the latest beta and see if it helps at all? http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/beta/

The BB OS has about a million little idiosyncrasies with regard to media playback, and I try to handle them as much as possible, but it seems to be getting worse with each new OS version. (With the most recent OS 5 releases some media will actually crash the whole phone)

At any rate, if that doesn't help, can you send me your logs after you notice the issue? In some cases I can put it code to overcome the deficiencies.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby French on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:54 am

Thank you Marcus...

I am using the latest beta (2.6.9).

I have now been getting an error message: Uncaught exception: Application podtrapper (474) is not responding: process terminated.

And I can reliably recreate the playback issue at will. I've noticed it with Crackberry podcasts as well as Android Central, as those are the ones I've been listening to.

I'm not sure how to get the logs but will poke around here to find out and send.

Thanks. Your commitment to your product (and responsiveness) is fabulous.

ETA: I just looked at the download logs for several podcasts that have given me issues and they all say there is no download log.
French

New postby marwatk on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:47 am

Can you email the logs to me via the 'Email Developer' menu item?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby French on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:35 am

I have sent an e-mail.
French

New postby mhunt1977 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:03 pm

I am also have this same issue. Are there any updates on this? For me, this seems to only happen on 1 or 2 of the podcasts that i listen to on a regular basis. Any updates would be nice.
mhunt1977

New postby marwatk on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:25 pm

I believe with the last user (I'm pretty bad at my forum<->email correlation) that it ended up being the recent updates to the CDMA OS. Can you shoot me a copy of your logs after seeing it, though?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby mhunt1977 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:56 pm

I should have been a bit more patient, I managed to delete the podcast that it had happened to, if it happens again, I'll use the email developer option and send it your way. Sorry about that. I am getting an error message on another podcast not related to this topic, should i start a new thread incase other people are having the same issue? Or just post it here?
mhunt1977

New postby marwatk on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:34 pm

If you're getting an error in-app shoot me a copy of the logs after seeing it, making sure to note when/where you see it. They usually help more than a forum post, since I can see what it's doing behind the scenes.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby mhunt1977 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:59 pm

Marcus, I actually ran into this problem again today. It seems to only occurr on one podcasts that I listen to. Odd I say. I used the "email developer" option right after it happened. I think I may have even done it twice. The email address it was from was [email protected].
mhunt1977

New postby mhunt1977 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:44 am

Hey Marcus, did you get the emails I sent through the "email developer" option? Any updates on a possible solution? Thank you in advance for your response.
mhunt1977

New postby marwatk on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:12 am

If I did I should have responded to them. (Though I haven't checked my email from yesterday yet). I'm pretty bad about correlating the forum posts to emails. (I get a lot of email, like 40-50/day)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help