Quick start - quick exit?

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Quick start - quick exit?

New postby meneelyt on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi,

I'm new to Blackberry and Podtrapper - liking both pretty well. I have two basic questions - but I can't figure it out:
    Is there a "quick start" for "resume the last podcast I was listening to?" It seems I have to start PT, select the podcast I want, and hit space... I'd like to just start PT and hit space or some such.
    Is there a "quick exit" for "unload PT" without going through menu - scroll a long way down - exit? I guess I'd like a feature for "End key means: [go to background] or [exit]."
Thanks,
Tim

Pittsburgh PA, USA
Blackberry Bold 9650, Verizon
meneelyt

Re: Quick start - quick exit?

New postby marwatk on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:28 pm

Hi Tim,

No quick restart, but that's a good idea. I'll add it to the list. (You can hit the menu and choose 'Last Played', which is close...)

For the exit thing, it's really designed to be running all the time so it can keep them up to date. Are you noticing issues with it running all of the time?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby meneelyt on Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:03 am

Are you noticing issues with it running all of the time?

No, I haven't noticed issues... I guess I just assume that anything running all the time consumes resources which I'd rather keep under my control.

At least partially, this "running all the time" approach is something about Blackberry I need to get used to - I'm amazed how many programs don't exit, just move to the background.

I'll experiment and see if I can live with PT running, haunting my psyche, in the background... <grin>

Thanks,
Tim

Pittsburgh PA, USA
Blackberry Bold 9650, Verizon
meneelyt

New postby marwatk on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:33 pm

:)

Well it shouldn't cause any issues, I've had bugs in the past that have created some. Let me know if you do run into anything.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help