Pause/Play on BB with Mute Key - only partially working

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Pause/Play on BB with Mute Key - only partially working

New postby therealjoeblow on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:06 am

Pause/Play on a BB 8330 (OS5 from Boost Mobile) using v2.6.9 for OS5 only works when the screen is on. After the screen dims (set in the BB prefs to 30 seconds to conserve battery), then when I press the mute key, it reverts to default behavior of putting the phone into standby mode, rather than toggling pause/play as it does when the screen is active.

Never really cared, but last week they started enforcing a new "no electronic gizmos" law locally with a $200 fine for just holding your phone. You're only allowed a single touch of the device, so it's pretty important to have the pause/play hotkey working properly, which it doesn't.

Could this be addressed to see why it doesn't intercept the command as expected?

Thanks
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow

Re: Pause/Play on BB with Mute Key - only partially working

New postby marwatk on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:35 am

Hmm, I thought I had code in there to deal with this. Does your standby turn on with a simple press, or a press and hold? (I thought it was press and hold, so PT only reacts to a quick press and release)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby sricha27 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:00 pm

I have the same issue - mute key not working on a 9700 os5
sricha27

New postby marwatk on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:53 pm

Well, the 9700 should work, but if you're using the latest beta it's worth noting that 'Auto Stop' is on by default, so if you haven't played back within 5 minutes that key will no longer resume (to prevent pocket starts). Is that what you're seeing?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby therealjoeblow on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:33 am

marwatk wrote:Hmm, I thought I had code in there to deal with this. Does your standby turn on with a simple press, or a press and hold? (I thought it was press and hold, so PT only reacts to a quick press and release)

-Marcus

Simple/Single press (no hold)

The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow

New postby therealjoeblow on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:36 am

marwatk wrote:Well, the 9700 should work, but if you're using the latest beta it's worth noting that 'Auto Stop' is on by default, so if you haven't played back within 5 minutes that key will no longer resume (to prevent pocket starts). Is that what you're seeing?

-Marcus

Could be - I wasn't aware of that "feature", bit it makes sense - I'll give that a try (have turned it off and experimenting now)

Thanks!
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow

New postby marwatk on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:59 am

There's been enough confusion that I'm going to tweak this to change the status message (at the bottom of PT) when you're trying to resume but auto stop is in effect. Would that help?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help