Backup method for Droid (Droidx)?

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Backup method for Droid (Droidx)?

New postby cwebb on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Is there any way to back up the Podtrapper settings and database on the Droid, so that a reinstall of Podtrapper will be fairly simple, after I do a "factory reset" of the Droid?

I have a DroidX and it's going to need a factory reset to fix the "no ring sound - only vibrate" problem.

It sure would be nice if I don't need to re set up all my podcasts...

Thanks.

(BTW Marcus, the Droid release seems to be working great! Thanks for all you've done here. It's so nice to have Podtrapper back, the other options in Android were no comparison. My only wish is for larger buttons, and fonts ;) )
cwebb

Re: Backup method for Droid (Droidx)?

New postby marwatk on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:32 pm

Thanks!

cwebb wrote:Is there any way to back up the Podtrapper settings and database on the Droid, so that a reinstall of Podtrapper will be fairly simple, after I do a "factory reset" of the Droid?

The 'Restore from backup' menu item should work on the android version as well. It keeps backups on your SD card just like the BB version did. Check out this page for details:

http://www.versatilemonkey.com/wiki/Bac ... r_settings

Of course, it could fail horribly and start your house on fire, but I don't think so at this point.

cwebb wrote:My only wish is for larger buttons

Larger buttons are in the next release (there's a 'Car Mode' that replaces the thumbnail with a screen full of buttons).

cwebb wrote:and fonts

Forgot about those, but I'll add them to the list.

Let me know if you run into any other issues.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Backup method for Droid (Droidx)?

New postby cwebb on Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:28 pm

Marcus,

Great! Thanks for the quick reply.

Now I can get down to doing the dratted 'factory reset' (this reminds me too much of Windows...)

I'll be sure to have a fire extinguisher handy, just in case. :-]

Thanks again.
cwebb

Return to Bugs and help