Bug report - PodTrapper v 2.9.10 on Android

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Bug report - PodTrapper v 2.9.10 on Android

New postby Steve_S_T on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:47 am

I have PodTrapper version 2.9.10 installed on a HTC Desire running Android 2.2 (FroYo).

A couple of bugs that I've spotted.

Firstly, after a frighteningly hefty data bill (£820.00!!) from Orange I set PodTrapper to "download updates only over cell network". However, I am now unable to switch that back to either of the other settings. What happens when I try is;

I go into Menu > settings > Download Settings > Allow downloads over cellular.
This is currently set to "updates only".
I click the drop down and change it to "yes".
On the touchscreen Desire I have no option to save that setting either via the physical menu button or the PodTrapper screen, so I have to press the back/ return arrow (a physical key) assuming that it will save automatically.
As soon as I press the back key a pop up comes up but it is almost instantly wiped out by the settings list page. I can see that the pop up has a "yes" or "no" option but it is on view so briefly that I can't even see the question (which is presumably "are you sure you want to incur data charges" or similar) much less press "yes" or "no".
If I then re-click on the "Download Settings" tab the "Allow downloads over cellular" tab has reverted to "Updates Only".
So basically I need more time to access that button or another method of saving the new setting before exiting the "Download Settings" page.

Second bug is relating to the registration page. I tried to enter a code last night (from my previous order when I bought the software on BlackBerry, although it was actually an order number and probably not the registration code), and once a code is typed into the box there is no way to "enter" it. Pressing the "return" key on the keyboard moves the cursor down a line and pressing the (physical) menu key only brings up 6 options, none of which enable an enter action for the code.

Hope these two reports are helpful.

Thanks,

Steve.
Steve_S_T

Re: Bug report - PodTrapper v 2.9.10 on Android

New postby marwatk on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:55 am

Hi Steve,

Sorry about the data charge, I hope you were able to get out of it. Non-unlimited data plans are brutal.

I'll definitely fix the popup/save issue on the download screen, thanks for letting me know.

The 'android way' according to the docs is to have settings take effect as you click them. While I can't do that cross platform, I get close enough by making it look that way in that when you close that window they're saved. The BB users still get a 'save this?' prompt, but the android design guidelines call for saving automatically.

Does that make sense?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Steve_S_T on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:44 pm

marwatk wrote:Hi Steve,

Sorry about the data charge, I hope you were able to get out of it. Non-unlimited data plans are brutal.

I thought it was an unlimited data plan, but what bumped the usage up was lots of large attachments on work e-mails being automatically downloaded. Previously I've been on the BlackBerry Internet Service and on that you don't have to worry about such things.

marwatk wrote:I'll definitely fix the popup/save issue on the download screen, thanks for letting me know.

The 'android way' according to the docs is to have settings take effect as you click them. While I can't do that cross platform, I get close enough by making it look that way in that when you close that window they're saved. The BB users still get a 'save this?' prompt, but the android design guidelines call for saving automatically.

Does that make sense?

-Marcus

Yep that makes sense, hope it's a fairly easy fix for you. Mind you, I'm sure anybody watching me trying to catch that save button before the other screen swamped it this morning would have laughed, but I was never quick enough. Must have looked pretty stupid trying though.

Steve.
Steve_S_T

New postby Steve_S_T on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:58 pm

marwatk wrote:Hi Steve,

-Marcus

Although not really relevant I felt that, with due defference to Orange UK, I should just pop back to this thread and let it be known that they have waived all of the £820.00 excess data charge. Excellent customer service and common sense has prevailed.

Steve.
Steve_S_T

Return to Bugs and help