Partial Podcasts

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Partial Podcasts

New postby rreindl on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Hello I've been fighting with my BB PodTrapper for some time now and I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion for me. I have a very intermittent problem where I'm listening to a podcast(usually 1hr long shows) and at any given time it will cut out, jump to 100%, and because I have PodTrapper set to delete after listening it then deletes the episode. Often times if I tell it to do a download again of the episode(OTA) it will still only play part of it. So I usually end up doing an ALT+DEL and then it will work the second time, in most cases but not all.

Anyways this program used to work beautifully functioning the way I had it, but this partial episode stuff is really frustrating. Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can make it work correctly?

Blackberry Curve 8330 OS 4.5.0.131
PodTrapper 2.6.7
Media Card 1gb free space

Thanks!
rreindl

Re: Partial Podcasts

New postby marwatk on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:22 pm

Hi there,

This can be caused by a couple of things. The usual suspect is that downloads are happening at the same time, and the BB can't handle reading and writing to the SD card at the same time. As a result, reading loses, and it tricks the media player into thinking that it hit the end of the audio. You can avoid that by setting the 'Pause Downloads While Playing' setting. (There's also a fix for this in the latest betas, to try to prevent it from happening even then).

But try the setting above and let me know if that doesn't work.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Partial Podcasts

New postby rreindl on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Thanks I will try that. I also changed the scheduled update time to the middle of the night so I'm not trying to listen at the same time it's downloading.
rreindl

Return to Bugs and help