Issues with Pause/Play on BB since 2.9.12

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Issues with Pause/Play on BB since 2.9.12

New postby wastrel on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:52 pm

I've been having a PodTrapper issue with my VZ BB Tour running OS v5.0.0.732 since installing 2.9.12 (or possibly 11). I can pause a running podcast using the mute button on the phone or the play/pause button on my headphones with no issue, and if I push it again within a few minutes it will resume. However, if I wait too long or if I receive a call or email or any other event with an audio notification while it is paused then it will not resume playback. I must then go back into PodTrapper and resume play from there. It does not lose my place, and I'm not noticing any other issues.

I haven't seen anyone else reporting this issue, so it may be something up with my phone. I first noticed this at or around the upgrade of PodTrapper, and I did not experience this with any earlier version running on the same OS.

I have tried each update since 12 to see if the problem would resolve. I installed 14 today, but am still having the same issues. It isn't that big of a deal, and it very well could be an issue with my phone since it does not seem to be a widespread issue.

Thanks!
wastrel

Re: Issues with Pause/Play on BB since 2.9.12

New postby EndingPop on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:11 pm

I have the same phone as you and I'm not able to reproduce it. Here are the steps I followed:

1. Podcast is playing.
2. Pause using mute conv. key.
3. Receive phone call.
4. End phone call, or other phone ends (I tried both).
5. Press mute conv. key to play podcast.

I tried it a few times and it worked. When I performed step 5 it automatically displayed PodTrapper and started playback. I don't know if this is possibly affected by a setting. I didn't wait long between steps, so that could be why I couldn't reproduce it.
Motorola Droid X2 running Android 2.2.2 on Verizon

PodTrapper v3.0.20
HoneyDew v2.0.6
EndingPop

New postby therealjoeblow on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:32 am

I have the same issue, reported earlier. If I use the mute key within a short period of time, it works; if I wait a longer time (never did experiment to figure out exactly how long), it doesn't - like PT loses the focus of the key or something after some time.

BB8330 OS5 (hybrid)

BTW: Marcus replied on my other thread that it might be the Autostop feature (on the playback settings menu) that disables the mute key after 5 minutes to "prevent false pocket starts" - I wasn't aware of this feature - I've turned it off and am testing now, you might want to try the same.

Cheers
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow

New postby wastrel on Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:02 pm

wastw
therealjoeblow wrote:I have the same issue, reported earlier. If I use the mute key within a short period of time, it works; if I wait a longer time (never did experiment to figure out exactly how long), it doesn't - like PT loses the focus of the key or something after some time.

BB8330 OS5 (hybrid)

BTW: Marcus replied on my other thread that it might be the Autostop feature (on the playback settings menu) that disables the mute key after 5 minutes to "prevent false pocket starts" - I wasn't aware of this feature - I've turned it off and am testing now, you might want to try the same.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

I didn't see your earlier thread, or else I would have posted there.

Thanks Joe, I'll give Marcus's recommendation a shot.

I've considered deleted the app and installing fresh, but haven't yet because I don't know if a) it will actually affect anything and b) if all of the settings/podcasts will be deleted as well.
wastrel

New postby wastrel on Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:18 pm

It looks like the Autostop feature was the culprit.

I've run several trials and haven't had the issue reoccur.

Thanks!
wastrel

Return to Bugs and help