Droid 2 and Mono Bluetooth

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Droid 2 and Mono Bluetooth

New postby Cilraaz on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:09 pm

I recently upgraded from a BlackBerry Storm to a Motorola Droid 2. I noticed that I'm no longer able to select my Plantronics Explorer 232 as an output device. I'm assuming this is due to it not being an A2DP capable device. I'm just not sure why I was able to select it in Podtrapper on my Storm, but not on my Droid. Has anyone else had this issue?

Now that I think of it, I don't see the "Select Output" option anywhere in the Android version of the application. Perhaps I'm just not seeing it? Any help would be appreciated.

[edit: I found an app on the Android Marketplace called "Super Mono BT", which allows audio (usually music) to pass to a mono, non-A2DP bluetooth device. It works for now, but it's a $5.99 (on sale) app. I'm using the 5 day trial now, but am kind of hoping that this type of functionality will be put in Podtrapper by default. Anyway, just hoping for some good news.]
Device: Samsung Droid Charge
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Android Version: Gingerbread 2.3.6
Baseband Version: EP4
Modifications: IMoseyON's EP4 Kernel v4.0.0, Humble ROM v5.0 RC2
Cilraaz

Re: Droid 2 and Mono Bluetooth

New postby marwatk on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:46 am

I had this in originally, but it seemed to hurt more than it helped. I'll see if I can tweak it and make it work better.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Droid 2 and Mono Bluetooth

New postby Cilraaz on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:12 pm

marwatk wrote:I had this in originally, but it seemed to hurt more than it helped. I'll see if I can tweak it and make it work better.

-Marcus

Awesome. If you wanted an extra tester for a forked branch before you include it in an official beta release, let me know.
Device: Samsung Droid Charge
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Android Version: Gingerbread 2.3.6
Baseband Version: EP4
Modifications: IMoseyON's EP4 Kernel v4.0.0, Humble ROM v5.0 RC2
Cilraaz

Return to Bugs and help