Various questions

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Various questions

New postby Chancelor on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:53 pm

Phone stats- BlackBerry Bold 9650, Carrier Altell (CDMA) soon to be AT&T (GSM), Podtrapper Trial Version- 4 days into trial and love it.
Question #1 When AT&T takes over Altell here in Montana (anytime now up to January 2011) We will receive equivalent phones with GSM instead of CDMA, Will I be able to transfer my Podtrapper to the new GSM device ( Iam guessing it will be either a BB Bold or hopefully a Torch) or do I have to purchase it over again for the GSM.

Question #2 Which is a better technology for podcasting video CDMA or GSM. I have tried to download different CBS sports video podcasts and the end up causing my BB to reboot.

Question #3 Are there any video podcasts that you know will work with my current phone configuration.

Thanks.
Chancelor

Re: Various questions

New postby marwatk on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:58 pm

Hi there,

Chancelor wrote:Question #1 When AT&T takes over Altell here in Montana (anytime now up to January 2011) We will receive equivalent phones with GSM instead of CDMA, Will I be able to transfer my Podtrapper to the new GSM device ( Iam guessing it will be either a BB Bold or hopefully a Torch) or do I have to purchase it over again for the GSM.

Your registration code should keep working. Let me know if not (via email, since you don't want to post it here).

Chancelor wrote:Question #2 Which is a better technology for podcasting video CDMA or GSM. I have tried to download different CBS sports video podcasts and the end up causing my BB to reboot.

GSM, by far. The CDMA devices have all sorts of media issues (though they seem to be working very hard at introducing bugs in the GSM ones as well in later OS 5 releases).

Chancelor wrote:Question #3 Are there any video podcasts that you know will work with my current phone configuration.

The 9650 should play most video podcasts, but there are some it won't (though the ones it won't aren't usually playable on any BB)

Hope that helps, let me know if I can answer anything else.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help