Issues with Latest Beta and OS 5.x

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Issues with Latest Beta and OS 5.x

New postby mdobbertien on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:00 pm

I've been using Podtrapper for a while, and I am currently using version 2.9.19 (latest beta) on a Blackberry Bold 9700 with version 5.0.0.680 of the OS. I have a couple relatively minor issues, but I thought I'd get them listed here so you know what's going on:

1. The resume function assigned to any button does not work after any significant period of time (more than a few minutes). I can pause using the button (currently assigned to the mute button), and I can resume if I do it right away, but it does not work later. It has been this way since the first of the 2.9 beta builds.
2. Sorting wasn't working right in earlier versions, but I think it's fixed now. In earlier versions, doing a resort only would not resort until I hit another button after returning to the playlist screen.

The first one is getting to me. I keep upgrading to newer versions hoping it's fixed, but it's still broken.
mdobbertien

Re: Issues with Latest Beta and OS 5.x

New postby mdobbertien on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:07 pm

Sorry--one more issue. On every application restart, PodTrapper seems to think that it has lost its permissions. Not sure if this is an OS issue or a PodTrapper issue, but might be worth investigating.
mdobbertien

Re: Issues with Latest Beta and OS 5.x

New postby marwatk on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:29 pm

mdobbertien wrote:The resume function assigned to any button does not work after any significant period of time (more than a few minutes). I can pause using the button (currently assigned to the mute button), and I can resume if I do it right away, but it does not work later. It has been this way since the first of the 2.9 beta builds.

This is actually a 'feature'. :) You can disable it as 'Auto-Stop' in the Playback Settings screen.

mdobbertien wrote:On every application restart, PodTrapper seems to think that it has lost its permissions. Not sure if this is an OS issue or a PodTrapper issue, but might be worth investigating.

It's an OS issue. After the first one you can check the box marked 'Don't ask me again' and it won't ask you again until you upgrade.

Let me know if you run into any others.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help