PT_E and PT_T files

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

PT_E and PT_T files

New postby cgsparks on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:32 pm

My blackberry memory card is filled with a number of these PT_E and PT_T files in the podtrapper folder. Can I delete these to free up some memory?

Thanks
cgsparks

Re: PT_E and PT_T files

New postby cadzilla74 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:09 am

You can get rid of files that start with PT-B except for the one that matches your current version of PodTrapper since these are the backups of your settings.(PT-B = PodTrapper Backup)

PT-E are the podcasts/vodcasts you have downloaded and not listened to yet. (Notice the file extensions, i.e. .mp3, .mp4, .m4v etc)

I believe the PT-T that end in .dat are the files PT uses to track each of your subscribed podcasts (tracks what episodes you have already downloaded and things like that.)

You really don't want to manually delete ANYTHING off the SD card except for the older PT-B files.

If you are running out of room on your SD card try cutting back on how many podcasts you subscribe to or cut back on the number of episodes you download for each one.

Once in a while you should give PT a "tune-up" ... From the Main Menu go into Settings > Storage Settings and choose Prune Orphaned Files. PT will clean anything it doesn't need all by itself.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

New postby marwatk on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:45 pm

cadzilla is way ahead of me :)

The pruner is definitely what you want.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby cgsparks on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:04 am

Thanks to both of you. Hadn't seen the "prune" option - that cleared up about 3mb. Appreciate the replies.
cgsparks

New postby ncorea on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:36 pm

Wow, I came here to figure out what was hogging my SD card. I read this thread and pruned and it got rid of 1.4GB of files. That is amazing. Thanks so much for your help. I have only a 2GB card so obviously I was running into some issues.

Thanks again folks!
ncorea

New postby marwatk on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:13 pm

ncorea wrote:I read this thread and pruned and it got rid of 1.4GB of files.

Heh, wow. Had you previously uninstalled or reinstalled PodTrapper?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help